The Cricket series is an update of the traditional English cricket-table typology, originating from Jacobean times, featuring slightly splayed legs and tops with softly rounded corners.
SCP Has been based in Shoreditch since 1985 and first collaborated with Kay + Stemmer in 1997.
The top image features a jug by Ian McIntyre, made in his Hoxton studio (see our earlier Designed in Hackney story).
Kay + Stemmer's London studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- “Milan is a breeding ground for people… who copy our products”
- New Designers ticket offer
- Marina Bautier furniture collection for …Idée
- Official Team GB Olympic Kitby Stella Mc…Cartney
- Kaide-taide by Company
- Zanotta launches "shelves on legs" by Fr…ank Rettenbacher
- Soft by Kiki van Eijk
- Driverless cars designed for use as mobi…le offices
- Didier Faustino adds "explosive architec…tural installation" to André Bloc's 1950s villa
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories