The Cricket series is an update of the traditional English cricket-table typology, originating from Jacobean times, featuring slightly splayed legs and tops with softly rounded corners.
SCP Has been based in Shoreditch since 1985 and first collaborated with Kay + Stemmer in 1997.
The top image features a jug by Ian McIntyre, made in his Hoxton studio (see our earlier Designed in Hackney story).
Kay + Stemmer's London studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- UP by Yves Behar for Jawbone
- Christmas Tree Furniture by Fabien Cap…pello
- Konstantin Grcic presents his vision o…f the future at Vitra Design Museum solo show
- Porsche Sculpture by Gerry Judah
- Haarwerk by Hackenbroich Architekten
- Gridlock 2 by Philippe Malouin
- The Dezeen guide to Postmodern archite…cture and design
- FIVE Olive Oil bottles and packaging b…y World Excellent Products
- UseLess is More by JVLT
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories