The Cricket series is an update of the traditional English cricket-table typology, originating from Jacobean times, featuring slightly splayed legs and tops with softly rounded corners.
SCP Has been based in Shoreditch since 1985 and first collaborated with Kay + Stemmer in 1997.
The top image features a jug by Ian McIntyre, made in his Hoxton studio (see our earlier Designed in Hackney story).
Kay + Stemmer's London studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Nendo designs Winnie-the-Pooh glassware …for Walt Disney Japan
- Flyknit running footwear by Nike
- No Pause by Gio Tirotto
- New design brand TOG unveils outdoor fur…niture by Sebastian Bergne
- 100% Inspiration: Nicolas Roope
- Gagosian shows images of Newson show
- New products by Viable London
- Highlife by Claesson Koivisto Rune for T…acchini
- Layered fabric chair by Richard Hutten t…o launch in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories