The Cricket series is an update of the traditional English cricket-table typology, originating from Jacobean times, featuring slightly splayed legs and tops with softly rounded corners.
SCP Has been based in Shoreditch since 1985 and first collaborated with Kay + Stemmer in 1997.
The top image features a jug by Ian McIntyre, made in his Hoxton studio (see our earlier Designed in Hackney story).
Kay + Stemmer's London studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Satsuma chair by Läufer + Keichel model…led on wooden fruit crates
- Repacked by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Archive of Years to Come by Koby Barhad
- Peng You's Fugu bag inflates to protect …your gadgets
- Dezeen Screen: VUE watch by Yves Behar
- 225 Forest Avenue by Michael Neumann Arc…hitecture
- Technology in bathrooms should be "hidde…n away," says Vola designer
- Front at Design Indaba
- "India needs to cash in on its handicraf…ts" says Made in… India exhibition co-curator
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories