Named Scan Mobile, the installation for electronics company Sharp comprises seven mechanised arms attached to eight lighting nodes, each fitted with a sensor that can detect objects beneath and calculate how far away they are.
Jason Bruges set up his interactive design studio in 2002 and has since completed a number of installations using moving lights and mirrors. See a few of them here.
Their offices are located on Bevenden Street, just north of Old Street roundabout.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Victoria Spruce at Dezeen Platform
- Dezeen archive: masks and disguises
- Parked car is upended on a tarmac wave… in Alex Chinneck installation
- Upside Down by Floris Wubben
- Roots by Kai Linke
- Koz Susani Design imagines food of the… future
- Clockwork Snow by Tjep.
- Fabrica researchers explore temperatur…e theme for sensory installation in Milan
- New work from Stuart Haygarth
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories