Named Scan Mobile, the installation for electronics company Sharp comprises seven mechanised arms attached to eight lighting nodes, each fitted with a sensor that can detect objects beneath and calculate how far away they are.
Jason Bruges set up his interactive design studio in 2002 and has since completed a number of installations using moving lights and mirrors. See a few of them here.
Their offices are located on Bevenden Street, just north of Old Street roundabout.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- 10th Anniversary jewellery by Atelier XJ…C
- The Poor Man's Gold by Joost van Bleiswi…jk
- Gijs Bakker shows Shotgun Saloon
- André Chiote illustrates Brazil's World… Cup stadiums
- Casa Slamp by Nigel Coates
- 300 Series Chronograph Calendar Wristwat…ch by Uniform Wares
- E8 furniture by Mathias Hahn for Zeitrau…m
- Pipe and Trattoria by Jasper Morrison fo…r Magis
- Sinkhole Vessels by Liliana Ovalle at Gr…andmateria III
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories