Named Scan Mobile, the installation for electronics company Sharp comprises seven mechanised arms attached to eight lighting nodes, each fitted with a sensor that can detect objects beneath and calculate how far away they are.
Jason Bruges set up his interactive design studio in 2002 and has since completed a number of installations using moving lights and mirrors. See a few of them here.
Their offices are located on Bevenden Street, just north of Old Street roundabout.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Portus sofa system by Lammhults designed… to create a "room within a room"
- Whole World Water by Fuseproject
- A Tailor's Ritual by chmara.rosinke for …Wäscheflott
- Moustache launches in Milan
- Pro by Konstantin Grcic
- Hexad by Tomoko Azumi
- Sounds of Threads music visualisation us…ing strands of wool by Bertrand Lanthiez
- COD by Rami Tareef for Gaga & Design
- Designers of the future at Design Miami/…Basel
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories