Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- Watches from new Australian brand Stock …launch at Dezeen Watch Store
- VOID V03 available in two new colours at… Dezeen Watch Store
- Pi Watch by Ben McCarthy for Workshopped
- Lee Broom creates Nouveau Rebel collecti…on in "de rigueur" marble
- Sit lamp by Fiona Thomson
- BoxBag by Casey Ng
- Emeco launches seat pads for the classic… but cold 1006 Navy Chair
- Marginal Notes 2012 by Note Design Studi…o
- Superyachts by Zaha Hadid for Blohm+Voss
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories