Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- New 100 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezee…n Watch Store
- "The fashion industry has finally woken …up"
- designjunction opens tomorrow
- Food Probe by Philips Design
- Undressed by Jessica Lichtenstein
- Studio Toogood creates a blood red insta…llation for Hermès
- Antique Chinese stools from Chest of Dra…wers at the Temporium
- Crystal Bulb Shop by Lee Broom
- Bottle watch by Industrial Facility arri…ves at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories