Milan 2012: Bangkok designers THINKK studio have created a lamp that slots together like a children's toy.
The designers simplified the product into three basic components; a base, a body and a shade.
A marble block base balances the lamp and has a serrated edge for holding pencils.
The octagonal oak body can be rotated to position the lamp at different angles, while an LED light sits within a metallic red, yellow or white shade.
The lamp is being presented at Ventura Lambrate in Milan this week. Click here to see another adjustable lamp they are exhibiting.
Here are some more details from THINKK studio:
Const uses "play" as a methodology for design process. The main idea behind the desk lamp CONST are three basic components; base, body and shade. Keeping in mind these simple elements and their role, Const playfully combines expression with function. The marble base keeps the octagon-shaped wood body balanced and the same time one can adjust the angle of the shade by rotating it. CONST gives one the ability to have fun with functionality.
Materials: Marble / Oak Wood / Aluminum / LED Light Dimension: 27x25 h35
- Catenary Pottery Printer using analogu…e parametric design by gt2P
- Alice Wang Design proposes products fo…r the future of marriage
- Formafantasma combines crystal and cop…per with ritualistic water purification range
- Oscar Niemeyer facade informs cross-sh…aped concrete vase
- Trestle by TAF
- Different glasses stack together in Di…ng3000's La Famiglia set
- Moritz Waldemeyer lasers for Lights by… Ellie Goulding
- The Migration of Mel and Judith by Tho…mas Hillier
- Theme & Variations by Julien Carretero
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories