Dezeen Wire: design critic Justin McGuirk writes about the focus on alternative means of production, open-source design and crowd-funding that permeated this year's Milan furniture fair in his column for the Guardian newspaper.
McGuirk talked to Dezeen about these issues when he popped into Dezeen Studio powered by Jambox at MOST last week - watch the interview in our daily show from Milan here.
We also spoke to editor-in-chief of Domus magazine Joseph Grima about The Future in the Making show he curated that's all about collaboration, open design, crowd-sourcing and hacking, and interviewed curator Beatrice Galilee at Hacked Lab where workshops, demonstrations and happenings took over the city's most famous department store all week.
- Objets Nomades for Louis Vuitton
- Neolastic tableware by Studio Sjoerd Jon…kers
- Joe Doucet designs flat-pack marble furn…iture for New York's Cooper-Hewitt museum
- Food and Design videos: Public Pie
- Ghost-like Architecture by Shingo Masuda… and Katsuhisa Otsubo Architects
- Established & Sons in Milan
- Foster 510 by Foster + Partners
- Windowseat Lounge by Mike & Maaike for H…aworth Collection
- Dezeen Watch Store at designjunction
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories