Dezeen Wire: design critic Justin McGuirk writes about the focus on alternative means of production, open-source design and crowd-funding that permeated this year's Milan furniture fair in his column for the Guardian newspaper.
McGuirk talked to Dezeen about these issues when he popped into Dezeen Studio powered by Jambox at MOST last week - watch the interview in our daily show from Milan here.
We also spoke to editor-in-chief of Domus magazine Joseph Grima about The Future in the Making show he curated that's all about collaboration, open design, crowd-sourcing and hacking, and interviewed curator Beatrice Galilee at Hacked Lab where workshops, demonstrations and happenings took over the city's most famous department store all week.
- Dezeen Screen: garden design by Wilson M…cWilliam Studio
- Blossom light by Hella Jongerius
- Blueware Collection by Studio Glithero
- Eindhoven designer Piet Hein Eek: "I alw…ays want to make my own stuff"
- Chameleonic gemstones map brain activity… across headdress by The Unseen
- ECAL students design interactive product…s that address "lack of humanness" in electronics
- OPUS Shop by Paradox Studio
- Mixx by Matthias Demacker for Area DeCli…c
- "We got into a geeky zone trying to unde…rstand urban agriculture" – Something & Son
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories