Dezeen Wire: design critic Justin McGuirk writes about the focus on alternative means of production, open-source design and crowd-funding that permeated this year's Milan furniture fair in his column for the Guardian newspaper.
McGuirk talked to Dezeen about these issues when he popped into Dezeen Studio powered by Jambox at MOST last week - watch the interview in our daily show from Milan here.
We also spoke to editor-in-chief of Domus magazine Joseph Grima about The Future in the Making show he curated that's all about collaboration, open design, crowd-sourcing and hacking, and interviewed curator Beatrice Galilee at Hacked Lab where workshops, demonstrations and happenings took over the city's most famous department store all week.
- Laputa by Outofstock
- Front revisits Gebrüder Thonet Vienna's… roots to design bent-wood furniture
- Nendo's one-year retrospective exhibitio…n opens in Milan
- "Hal is very sophisticated. He's a coppe…r sweaty mannequin"
- h2o bench by h2o Architectes
- Campana Brothers video interview 1
- Audience by rAndom International
- Klara by Patricia Urquiola for Moroso
- Classic songs become buildings in Federi…co Babina's Archimusic illustrations
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories