Dezeen Wire: design critic Justin McGuirk writes about the focus on alternative means of production, open-source design and crowd-funding that permeated this year's Milan furniture fair in his column for the Guardian newspaper.
McGuirk talked to Dezeen about these issues when he popped into Dezeen Studio powered by Jambox at MOST last week - watch the interview in our daily show from Milan here.
We also spoke to editor-in-chief of Domus magazine Joseph Grima about The Future in the Making show he curated that's all about collaboration, open design, crowd-sourcing and hacking, and interviewed curator Beatrice Galilee at Hacked Lab where workshops, demonstrations and happenings took over the city's most famous department store all week.
- 251 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Garet…h Pugh
- Eemeli and Betty by Lincoln Kayiwa
- Cabaret Voltaire by Designliga
- Office KGDVS explores strength of mate…rials with prototype furniture
- Textasiða by Snæfríð Thorsteinsand… Hildigunnur Gunnarsdottir
- Marcel Wanders wraps balloons in carbo…n fibre to create lightweight chair
- Building Bytes 3D printed bricks by Br…ian Peters
- Vigoo by Wilda Wongso
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories