Dezeen Wire: design critic Justin McGuirk writes about the focus on alternative means of production, open-source design and crowd-funding that permeated this year's Milan furniture fair in his column for the Guardian newspaper.
McGuirk talked to Dezeen about these issues when he popped into Dezeen Studio powered by Jambox at MOST last week - watch the interview in our daily show from Milan here.
We also spoke to editor-in-chief of Domus magazine Joseph Grima about The Future in the Making show he curated that's all about collaboration, open design, crowd-sourcing and hacking, and interviewed curator Beatrice Galilee at Hacked Lab where workshops, demonstrations and happenings took over the city's most famous department store all week.
- Mercury by Ziiiro available in new colou…rs at Dezeen Watch Store
- Seal Pelt Remix by Eley Kishimoto and V√…≠k Prj√≥nsd√≥ttir
- Spun chair by Thomas Heatherwick
- Air Vase by Torafu Architects
- ALPA 12 TC camera by Estragon
- Paper birds by Diana Beltran Herrera
- "Bosnian handicraft meets Scandinavian d…esign" in Monica F√∂rster's range for Zanat
- Wrong Shop Editions at twentytwentyone
- Double Dutch curated by Jane Withers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories