Dezeen Wire: design critic Justin McGuirk writes about the focus on alternative means of production, open-source design and crowd-funding that permeated this year's Milan furniture fair in his column for the Guardian newspaper.
McGuirk talked to Dezeen about these issues when he popped into Dezeen Studio powered by Jambox at MOST last week - watch the interview in our daily show from Milan here.
We also spoke to editor-in-chief of Domus magazine Joseph Grima about The Future in the Making show he curated that's all about collaboration, open design, crowd-sourcing and hacking, and interviewed curator Beatrice Galilee at Hacked Lab where workshops, demonstrations and happenings took over the city's most famous department store all week.
- Plumen low-energy bulbs by Hulger
- Scout designed by Big-Game now available… at Dezeen Watch Store
- Soft side tables by Curtis Popp
- 10% off Dezeen Watch Store at The Tempor…ium plus win a Christmas goodie bag worth over £100
- Samuel Wilkinson designs faceted station…ery for Lexon
- Studio Makkink & Bey creates Blue Potter…y using traditional Indian techniques
- Maison Hermès Window Display by Tokujin… Yoshioka
- Catcher by Joseph Joseph
- Ron Arad: Restless at the Barbican
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories