Milan 2012: the flexible back of this chair by Swedish designers Front comprises a thick spring wrapped in black leather.
Presented for Italian brand Porro in Milan last week, the Gentle chair has a matching black leather seat but pale wooden front legs, which continue up and around the backrest in one loop to form arms.
Here are some more details from Porro:
Gentle design Front
Stolen from a fairy tale, directly coming from a children book, the result of any dream coming true, the Gentle chair entirely reinterprets the seat archetype, making its shapes far more modern and purified.
If at a first glance it looks like a continuum, a pattern drawing drafted without moving the pencil from the paper, in reality it perfectly hides a complex project, matching metal covered by soft leather at the back legs level, moving up to the back arch, to the light wood of the front legs, becoming the arm and back supports, in a subtle opposite contrast.
The soft back and the leather upholstered seat make the chair “soft” at the touch and at sight, in an harmonic double-coloured optical effect, graphical and retro at the same time, always two colours perfectly and elegantly matched.
- Gone With the Wind by Nika Zupanc
- Opus Incertum by Sean Yoo for Casamani…a
- Dish Drainer Geo by Jorre van Ast
- Satellite by Mr Jones Watches at Dezee…n Watch Store
- Naoko Kanehira at New Designers
- Odette by Massproductions
- Gitta Gschwendtner at Wellcome Collect…ion 2
- Tavolo Cobogó by the Campana Brothers
- Hook pans by Karim Rashid for TVS
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories