Referencing the look of incandescent light bulbs, the Marble Lights combine blown glass spheres with marble cylinders to create table, floor and pendant lights, plus floor weights that can be looped over a flex to secure the pendants.
Back in London Studio Vit are based close to Dezeen's own office on Sanford Terrace in Stoke Newington. We interviewed them for Dezeen Platform in the autumn:
The information below is from Studio Vit:
Marble lights is a collection in marble and glass.
Originating from an archetypal bulb and socket, it consists of glass spheres and cylindrical marble lamp holders in various sizes which can be freely combined.
Marble lights include table, floor and pendant lights, as well as three floor weights which can be used as counterweights to the suspended lights.
The aim of the collection is to create a product that is simple yet refined and generates a juxtaposition of volumes, materials and weights.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Dezeen Screen: Change the Record by Paul… Cocksedge
- The Imperfectionist by Sophie Duran
- The House of Viktor & Rolf at the Barbic…an
- Eley Kishimoto and Fossil launch watch w…ith a "new way of telling time"
- Chassis by Stefan Diez for Wilkhahn
- Fracture by Itay Ohaly
- Formafantasma uses saxophones and a bras…s pendulum to track the passing of time
- &made offer free Milan rides
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: Mercury …by Ziiiro reduced by 20%
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories