Referencing the look of incandescent light bulbs, the Marble Lights combine blown glass spheres with marble cylinders to create table, floor and pendant lights, plus floor weights that can be looped over a flex to secure the pendants.
Back in London Studio Vit are based close to Dezeen's own office on Sanford Terrace in Stoke Newington. We interviewed them for Dezeen Platform in the autumn:
The information below is from Studio Vit:
Marble lights is a collection in marble and glass.
Originating from an archetypal bulb and socket, it consists of glass spheres and cylindrical marble lamp holders in various sizes which can be freely combined.
Marble lights include table, floor and pendant lights, as well as three floor weights which can be used as counterweights to the suspended lights.
The aim of the collection is to create a product that is simple yet refined and generates a juxtaposition of volumes, materials and weights.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- International Biennial of Graphic Desi…gn in Brno
- Fondue Stool by Satsuki Ohata is model…led on molten cheese
- Centanni Stool by James Irvine for Dis…cipline
- Cryptographer & Encoded Textiles by Ra…w Color
- Gabriel Chandelier at the Château de …Versailles by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Luminous red arches by LIKEarchitects …installed at Portuguese palace
- New VOID finishes at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
- Plantation pots combine hand-thrown po…rcelain with discarded glasses
- Bronze Poly Chair by Max Lamb
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories