Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- Anansi Playground Building by Mulders va…ndenBerk Architecten
- Altis Belém Hotel by Risco
- "In the future we might print not only b…uildings, but entire urban sections"
- Warm Architects adds cast concrete stair…case to Garcia's House in Cancún
- Alvaro Siza’s first major project in C…hina floats in an industrial park
- Gagosian Paris by Caruso St John and Jea…n-Francois Bodin
- Anja Kempa's fantastical drawings imagin…e an artificial spring in Tokyo
- Neut by Apollo Architects & Associates
- Between the Waters by Ooze and Marjetica… Potrc
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories