Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- Philippe Starck's new home is the protot…ype for a new prefab housing collection
- Timber treehouse hangs inside Oily Cart …theatre headquarters by Hawkins\Brown
- Dezeen archive: markets
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: F-White by T…akuro Yamamoto
- PARKROYAL on Pickering by WOHA
- Sam Tisdall subtly recreates period deta…ils with modern Dorset Road house
- Workshop Siegen by Ian Shaw Architekten
- Nuestra Senora del Castellar Public Scho…ol by GRG Arquitectos
- Welsh + Major transforms an old Sydney p…olice station into a restaurant
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories