Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- Sou Fujimoto's Palm Court retail complex… completes in Miami
- Alpha Project by Xavier Vilalta Studio
- UNStudio completes first buildings for n…ew Singapore university campus
- South Chase housing by Alison Brooks Arc…hitects
- Slideshow: Shearer's Quarters by John Wa…rdle Architects
- Iceberg project by JDS Architects and CE…BRA
- White Arkitetker unveils masterplan for …Swedish city relocation
- Assemble's latest pop-up theatre combine…s Tudor design with stadium architecture
- 747 Wing House by Studio of Environmenta…l Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories