Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- House N by Sou Fujimoto Architects
- Advances in digital technology could mak…e "time travel possible"
- Lille Métropole Musée extension by Man…uelle Gautrand
- Giraffe Childcare Centre by Hondelatte L…aporte Architectes
- Jørn Utzon's unbuilt Schauspielhaus dig…itally resurrected by Virtual Design Unit
- KE 12 Townhouse by SoHo Architektur
- Stamp House by Charles Wright Architects
- Funeral Chapel in Ingelheim Frei-Weinhei…m by Bayer & Strobel Architekten
- University of Warwick Student Union by M…JP Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories