Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- Casa Parr by Pezo von Ellrichshausen Arq…uitectos
- Paddling Home by Kacey Wong
- Living in a park by MAB Arquitectura
- MBP House by EDIT! hides most of its bod…y below street level
- House in Tamatsu by Ido, Kenji Architect…ural Studio
- Villa Överby by John Robert Nilsson
- Joanneum Museum extension by Nieto Sobej…ano Arquitectos and eep architekten
- Emblematic Monument by Enrique Norten an…d TEN Arquitectos
- The Curving House by JOHO Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories