Movie: in this interview filmed at the Italian Cultural Institute in London yesterday, Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs speaks to architect David Chipperfield, director of the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale.
Chipperfield speaks about Common Ground, his theme for the biennale, and gives his views on the contemporary architecture scene, comparing architects to "perfume brands at Duty Free, on a pedestal, singular and isolated" and says: "[Architects] don't have common ground between ourselves and the public".
The Italian Cultural Institute was the venue of Friday's press conference to launch the 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, which takes place from 29 August to 25 November. Read more here.
- Herzog & de Meuron unveil first buildi…ngs of Lyon masterplan
- Museo del Agua by MID Estudio
- Mariano Dallago's Camera Obscura creat…es a projected "postcard" of the Dolomites
- Seoul fashion boutique features yellow… walls and an Eames bird above the entrance
- Desert hideaway built among the ruins …of an old miner's shelter in Arizona
- 3D printed houses are "not that far of…f"
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: House K by… Hiroyuki Shinozaki Architects
- Arena Zagreb by UPI-2M
- Off Grid Home in Extremadura by Ábato…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories