The tables were reissued in 2009 in chocolate brown, blue and purple with steel bases, beech uprights and MDF tops.
All this week we're focussing on classic design from SCP, a brand that's been working with the best designers in the industry from its Hackney base since 1985. Pieces highlighted so far include the Balzac armchair by Matthew Hilton and Side Table by Jasper Morrison.
The information below is from SCP:
SCP launched the Tam Tam and Tom Tom adjustable tables by Konstantin Grcic (his first designs to be produced) at Orgatec, Cologne in 1992 and relaunched them in 2009.
The new versions have mild steel bases finished in chocolate brown lacquer, solid beech columns finished in matt lacquer and MDF tops finished in light green and purple lacquer.
This classical design by Konstantin Grcic is fluent in both its design language and its pragmatism. His eloquent use of the square and the circle evokes the spirit of the Bauhaus. Designed in Hackney, made in EU.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Dezeen and Paul Cocksedge present Change… the Record at Concrete
- Snøvsen by Hans Toft Hornemann and Terk…el Skou Steffensen
- "Immersive virtual world" by Gareth Pugh… and Inition installed at Selfridges
- Mischer'Traxler's kinetic Ephemerā inst…allation "comes alive" when visitors walk away
- Craig Robins: "Furniture companies key t…o regenerating Miami Design District"
- Making a Silk Screen by Nina Levett
- Saint-Etienne by Sophie Françon and Fra…nçois Mangeol
- Manufacturing the Timber Wave by AL_A an…d Arup
- Theme & Variations by Julien Carretero
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories