The tables were reissued in 2009 in chocolate brown, blue and purple with steel bases, beech uprights and MDF tops.
All this week we're focussing on classic design from SCP, a brand that's been working with the best designers in the industry from its Hackney base since 1985. Pieces highlighted so far include the Balzac armchair by Matthew Hilton and Side Table by Jasper Morrison.
The information below is from SCP:
SCP launched the Tam Tam and Tom Tom adjustable tables by Konstantin Grcic (his first designs to be produced) at Orgatec, Cologne in 1992 and relaunched them in 2009.
The new versions have mild steel bases finished in chocolate brown lacquer, solid beech columns finished in matt lacquer and MDF tops finished in light green and purple lacquer.
This classical design by Konstantin Grcic is fluent in both its design language and its pragmatism. His eloquent use of the square and the circle evokes the spirit of the Bauhaus. Designed in Hackney, made in EU.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Thomas Heatherwick Christmas card arrive…s
- Interactive slideshow: Normann Copenhage…n's latest furniture collection
- Iranzo, Rittler and Kesting create cocoo…n-like "cloud" installation
- Numerouno cardboard lamp by Johannes Kie…ssler
- Famous modernist chair shapes merged int…o a bar stool by Eugeni Quitllet
- Barbie Dreamhouse by Roksanda Ilincic an…d SHOWstudio
- Roopuppet by Nendo
- Multi-sensorial Gastronomy by Philips De…sign
- Airborne by Stéphanie Van Zwam
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories