SCP are a proud British manufacturer and the lights are produced in Stoke-on-Trent, the traditional home of English fine bone china.
Hanging from braided textile cables, the quality of the porcelain provides a white glossy appearance when the light is off while its translucence gives a soft warm glow when illuminated.
All this week our Designed in Hackney stories have featured designs from SCP. The brand has been based in Hackney since 1985, working with some of the best designers in the industry. So far we have included Tom Tom & Tam Tam by Konstantin Grcic, the Balzac armchair by Matthew Hilton and Side Table by Jasper Morrison.
Here's some more information from SCP about the Josiah pendant light:
In 2008 Terence Woodgate created a forward thinking design, notable for its simplicity, elegance and grace. Josiah is made in Stoke-on-Trent, the spiritual home of English fine bone china, famous for its whiteness and translucent quality. The Josiah lights are as versatile as they are beautiful; they can be fitted with the latest innovative light sources, making them suitable for both commercial and residential environments. The light is available in small, medium and large and is suspended by a braided textile cable available in white, red or grey. When unlit the shades have a high gloss super white presence and when lit they provide a soft warm glow. Designed in Hackney, made in Stoke-on-Trent.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Variations by Stephen Burks for Calligar…is
- Species of Illumination interactive ligh…ts go in search of humans and dark spots
- 5mm launches collection of top-heavy tab…les
- Pear by Patricia Urquiola for Agape
- Valdemar by Artificial/form
- Modernist London cards and BT Tower prin…t by Stefi Orazi at Dezeen Super Store
- Lab-grown materials form fashion and fur…niture for Vivorium lifestyle concept
- Beach towels double as seats for Júlia …Esqué's Marina deck chair
- Itisy table by Philippine Lemaire for Li…gne Roset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories