Milan 2012: when MoMA curator Paola Antonelli visited Dezeen Studio she spoke to Dezeen editor-in-chief Marcus Fairs about shows in Milan that addressed the making process, rather than the finished products normally shown at the fair. In this movie she discusses the new focus on experimentation and performance in design as technology becomes more accessible and a new wave of creativity takes hold.
Projects discussed include Hacked Lab at La Rinascente where designers cooked up plastic in saucepans, R18 Ultra Chair Public Beta by Clemens Weisshaar and Reed Kram for Audi that uses technology from the car industry to test a design in public, Dirk Vander Kooij's robot that prints chairs made of recycled fridges and the open-source Arduino chip for developing electronic products.
We published an abridged version of this interview in our Wednesday TV show (below).
- More Design Indaba videos
- Disfatto by Denis Guidone for D3co
- Bronze Age by Philippe-Albert Lefebvre
- Bart Hess recruits public to create besp…oke textile production line in Milan installation
- Bendable Interior Objects by Form Us Wit…h Love
- Front at Design Indaba
- Furniture by Carl Hagerling
- Stuart Shave Modern Art gallery by David… Kohn Architects
- Anya Sebton designs flexible storage sys…tem for Lammhults
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories