Designed in Hackney: today's colourful fashion focus is the neon bright Resort 2012 collection by Christopher Kane.
Kane's vibrant collection embraces every colour of the visible spectrum.
Kane's designs often involve a fusion of fabric, colour and print, and Resort 2012 includes pleated metallic lame, rainbow cashmere, tailoring and embroidery.
The designer is a former Central Saint Martins student and was awarded the Harrods Design Award for his 2006 graduate collection.
His studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Tube Chair by KiBiSi for Hay
- Dezeen Book of Ideas: Pewter Stool by Ma…x Lamb
- Snoop and Woopy by Karim Rashid for B-Li…ne
- Maarten Baas at Contrasts Gallery
- Lapel by Stuart Mcfarlane
- Ryosuke Fukusada designs wooden lightbul…b for Ledon
- Paper rings by Tithi Kutchamuch and Nutr…e Arayavanish
- Binta armchair by Philippe Bestenheider …for Moroso
- Patricia Urquiola at Belgrade Design Wee…k
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories