Designed in Hackney: today's colourful fashion focus is the neon bright Resort 2012 collection by Christopher Kane.
Kane's vibrant collection embraces every colour of the visible spectrum.
Kane's designs often involve a fusion of fabric, colour and print, and Resort 2012 includes pleated metallic lame, rainbow cashmere, tailoring and embroidery.
The designer is a former Central Saint Martins student and was awarded the Harrods Design Award for his 2006 graduate collection.
His studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- New Designers awards 2008
- What Design Can Do offers 15% off ticket…s for Dezeen readers
- Side Chair One and Two by Alexander Knel…ler
- Carl Malmsten made me do it by David Eri…csson
- Jointed Jewels by Alissia Melka-Teichroe…w
- Levels lamp by Form Us With Love for One… Nordic
- All Lovely Stuff at The Temporium
- Neo Collection by Made.com
- Five Star Crockery by Judith Montens
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories