Designed in Hackney: today's colourful fashion focus is the neon bright Resort 2012 collection by Christopher Kane.
Kane's vibrant collection embraces every colour of the visible spectrum.
Kane's designs often involve a fusion of fabric, colour and print, and Resort 2012 includes pleated metallic lame, rainbow cashmere, tailoring and embroidery.
The designer is a former Central Saint Martins student and was awarded the Harrods Design Award for his 2006 graduate collection.
His studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Big-Game designs indoor oasis for Parisi…an Prix Emile Hermès exhibition
- The Hourglass by Marc Newson for Ikepod
- Help Japan Poster by Wieden + Kennedy
- Diamond Jubilee Souvenir Poster by Sarah… Hyndman
- Hulger and Samuel Wilkinson win Brit Ins…urance Design of the Year Award 2011
- OK Go stage costumes by Moritz Waldemeye…r
- Found by Oscar Diaz
- Friends of Steel and Miklimeir by Katrin… Olina
- Dezeen Platform: Sarah Colson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories