Designed in Hackney: today's colourful fashion focus is the neon bright Resort 2012 collection by Christopher Kane.
Kane's vibrant collection embraces every colour of the visible spectrum.
Kane's designs often involve a fusion of fabric, colour and print, and Resort 2012 includes pleated metallic lame, rainbow cashmere, tailoring and embroidery.
The designer is a former Central Saint Martins student and was awarded the Harrods Design Award for his 2006 graduate collection.
His studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Mischer'Traxler's flute for Perrier-Jou√…ęt "makes champagne bubble at a certain spot"
- Geraldine Spilker combines ashes with re…sin to create mementoes of the dead
- The Sound of the Earth by Yuri Suzuki
- Interactive slideshow: Heal's launches S…pring 2014 furniture collection
- Dezeen podcast: Penguin Covers Then and …Now
- Mass customisation "can be the future of… fashion," says Knyttan co-founder
- KRUZIFIX by Stefan Strumbel
- Grip by Marco Dessi for Lobmeyr
- Clothes that change colour according to …climate by Lauren Bowker
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories