Designed in Hackney: today's colourful fashion focus is the neon bright Resort 2012 collection by Christopher Kane.
Kane's vibrant collection embraces every colour of the visible spectrum.
Kane's designs often involve a fusion of fabric, colour and print, and Resort 2012 includes pleated metallic lame, rainbow cashmere, tailoring and embroidery.
The designer is a former Central Saint Martins student and was awarded the Harrods Design Award for his 2006 graduate collection.
His studio is on Shacklewell Lane in Dalston.
Designed in Hackney map:
Blue = designers
Red = architects
Yellow = brands
Designed in Hackney is a Dezeen initiative to showcase world-class architecture and design created in the borough, which is one of the five host boroughs for the London 2012 Olympic Games as well as being home to Dezeen’s offices. We’ll publish buildings, interiors and objects that have been designed in Hackney each day until the games this summer.
More information and details of how to get involved can be found at www.designedinhackney.com.
- Intifada by Carlos No
- Gubi to launch GamFratesi designs at P…alazzo Litta in Milan
- Michael Young for Herdeiros Passanha
- Parhelia by Asif Khan
- P’9521 mobile phone by Porsche Desig…n
- Formafantasma uses saxophones and a br…ass pendulum to track the passing of time
- Geta furniture range by Arik Levy for …Modus
- Nendo twists traditional details to en…liven simple white shirts
- Rewrite by GamFratesi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories