Ibaraki presented the Weave Bookcase prototype with young designers' showcase Designersblock during the London Design Festival 2010 (see our earlier story) and exhibited the new version for Casamania at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last month.
The free-standing structure is made of flat stainless-steel bars that intersect and overlap at right angles, coated in textured rubber to give the books some grip.
- Stealth Wear by Adam Harvey
- Habitat Machines by David Trautrimas
- Beijing airport by Foster + Partners
- Official Team GB Olympic Kitby Stella Mc…Cartney
- Patricia Urquiola straps cushions to Rol…l chair for Kettal
- The Skullmate by Luke Twigger
- VAPOR blown-plastic lighting collection …by Pieke Bergmans
- Coquille Sofa by Markus Johansson resemb…les the curved form of a shell
- Maison Hermès Window Display by Tokujin… Yoshioka
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories