Ibaraki presented the Weave Bookcase prototype with young designers' showcase Designersblock during the London Design Festival 2010 (see our earlier story) and exhibited the new version for Casamania at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last month.
The free-standing structure is made of flat stainless-steel bars that intersect and overlap at right angles, coated in textured rubber to give the books some grip.
- e15 unveils wood and marble home accesso…ries collection
- Interview: Margriet Vollenberg and Margo… Koning
- Druida barbecue by Mermeladaestudio
- Human Body Shop by Eliot Postma
- Blue Frog Lounge by Serie Architects
- Ladder by Itay Laniado
- Doug Wheeler creates illusion of infinit…e white space inside Venetian palazzo
- Alexandra Stück's Herbal Kneipp Textile…s use scent to promote wellbeing
- David Bowie is at the V&A
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories