Ibaraki presented the Weave Bookcase prototype with young designers' showcase Designersblock during the London Design Festival 2010 (see our earlier story) and exhibited the new version for Casamania at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last month.
The free-standing structure is made of flat stainless-steel bars that intersect and overlap at right angles, coated in textured rubber to give the books some grip.
- Dezeen Platform: Feats per Minute
- Now Isn't That Lovely by Stephen Johnson
- Record by Achille Castiglioni at Dezeen …Wach Store
- Driverless cars designed for use as mobi…le offices
- Cycling shoes by Tracey Neuls for Tokyob…ike
- Designed in Hackney: Living Room by Gitt…a Gschwendtner
- When I Was Small by Tineke Beunders
- Magnetic dresses by Iris van Herpen and …Jólan van der Wiel
- Norbert Wangen for Boffi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories