Ibaraki presented the Weave Bookcase prototype with young designers' showcase Designersblock during the London Design Festival 2010 (see our earlier story) and exhibited the new version for Casamania at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last month.
The free-standing structure is made of flat stainless-steel bars that intersect and overlap at right angles, coated in textured rubber to give the books some grip.
- Bent by Anne-Cécile Rappa
- Bag Stools by Gitta Gschwendtner
- Snag by Patrick Frey and Markus Boge
- La Divina Commedia by Niels Van Eijk & M…iriam van der Lubbe
- Stuff by Marina Ralph
- Strata by Ryan Frank
- Balloon Swing proposed for New York park
- Nested Bunk Beds by Tsai Design Studio
- Sou Fujimoto stacks aluminium boxes to f…orm "nomadic" house installation in Paris
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories