Ibaraki presented the Weave Bookcase prototype with young designers' showcase Designersblock during the London Design Festival 2010 (see our earlier story) and exhibited the new version for Casamania at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last month.
The free-standing structure is made of flat stainless-steel bars that intersect and overlap at right angles, coated in textured rubber to give the books some grip.
- Mischer'Traxler reveals manufacturing pr…ocesses by transforming objects into tool kits
- Note Design Studio and Norm Architects d…esign patchwork marble tables for Menu
- 3D-printed jewellery by Maria Jennifer C…arew clips onto garments
- Cornell Boxes by Alison Smithson for Tec…ta
- Faithful Copy by Amy Hunting
- Welcome Back bus by Héctor Serrano Stud…io, Miñarro García and Javier Esteban
- Famous buildings become abstract blocks …of colour in Federico Babina's Archishape series
- Design Talks at Design Miami/Basel trans…cripts
- Made by Humans by Universal Everything
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories