Dezeen Wire: Apple designer Jonathan Ive was in London yesterday to receive his knighthood and give a number of press interviews, including this one for the Telegraph in which he says: "Design is a word that's come to mean so much that it's also a word that has come to mean nothing. We don't really talk about design, we talk about developing ideas and making products."
Ive is senior vice-president for industrial design at Apple and has been responsible for products including the iMac, iPod and iPhone.
- "Shape is one thing, research and materi…al is another"
- Ronny by Daniel Böttcher for Formverlei…h at Dezeen Super Store
- The Wish List: emerging designers produc…e objects for Hadid, Foster, Rogers and more
- Welcome to the Jungle by My Own Super St…udio
- Monowheel by Ben Wilson
- Ai Weiwei at Lisson Gallery
- Taça by ENTLO.1A
- Philippe Starck adds stools made from re…cycled materials to his Broom collection for Emeco
- Design Museum Collection App: kettles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories