If the year 2012 does bring the world to an end, Mexican branding company Menosunocerouno plan to face the apocalypse in style with a survival kit that includes chocolate and hard liqueur.
Packaged in yellow and black, the Just in Case kit also includes more practical items like matches, a knife and water, plus a notebook in case they start to feel philosophical or need to light a fire.
The limited edition kit will be available in selected design stores in Mexico.
Here's some more information from Menosunocerouno:
End-of-the-world survival kit, crafted and designed in Mexico by Menosunocerouno.
If the world ends this year, we better be happily ready. Expecting a beautiful chaos, MENOSUNOCEROUNO created JUST IN CASE ®, the perfect brand for the end of times. A brand that covers all your basic apocalyptic needs.
Our survival kit re-packages a collection of iconic products from Mexico to enjoy in no particular order.
The perfect gift for friends and clients (only the ones we want to keep).
Modern mexican design for the end of times.
01 — Chocolate Abuelita ® : Dark chocolate laced with cinnamon and covered in sugar. With more than 70 years in the market, this classic delight will make you feel well under any circumstances.
02 — Doméstica Yellow Notebook ® : A design classic from Monterrey. Tell the story, write like John, draw like el Bosco, or use it to start a fire.
03 — Simple Knife ® : Clean affordable design, a minimal hunting tool for animals or zombies.
04 — 40 Emergency Black Matches ® : Start a fire, get warm, light your way with style. Black is beautiful.
04 — Xtabentun D'aristi ® : Original Mayan liqueur from Casa D'aristi in Yucatan, one of our favorite brands of 2011. Celebrate like the old times!
05 — Basic Water ® : Drink wisely, survive up to ten days with one liter.
Enjoy! Happy 2012
- A Doll's House for Clementine by TDO Arc…hitecture
- THINKK Studio and Studio 248at Ventura L…ambrate
- Aluminium bowls by Fort Standard stand o…n fin-like legs
- Robotic arms create custom furniture in …Kram/Weisshaar's Robochop installation
- Nendo patterns glass furniture for Glas …Italia with brush strokes
- Ron Arad: Restless - "It would be nice i…f a lot of things were moving"
- Lumps of charcoal suspended in mid air c…reate outlines of classical architecture and furniture
- Dezeen’s top ten: machines
- Wonderwall’s Bape Kids opens in Tokyo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories