A puppet pops out from the pocket of this tote bag by Japanese designers Nendo.
The Roopuppet bag comes with a kangaroo, bear, human or dinosaur hand puppet, revealed by turning the pocket lining inside out with the wearer's hand inside the bag.
Nendo created the bag for Japanese brand Rootote, known for simple canvas bags with single pockets in the sides.
The bags are usually customised by artists with a surface print but Nendo left the canvas plain and altered the pocket instead.
- Massoud Hassani at My Way talks
- "Young designers have no grasp of design… history"
- Grand Danois in Milan
- Design Indaba videos: Doung Anwar Jahang…eer
- New products by Pottinger & Cole
- LetThemSitCake! by Dejana Kabiljo
- Blur by Philippe Malouin
- Dezeen Watch Store and friends at Interi…ors UK
- Open Source Architecture Manifesto by Ca…rlo Ratti Associati
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories