A puppet pops out from the pocket of this tote bag by Japanese designers Nendo.
The Roopuppet bag comes with a kangaroo, bear, human or dinosaur hand puppet, revealed by turning the pocket lining inside out with the wearer's hand inside the bag.
Nendo created the bag for Japanese brand Rootote, known for simple canvas bags with single pockets in the sides.
The bags are usually customised by artists with a surface print but Nendo left the canvas plain and altered the pocket instead.
- Designers interpret "home" for Airbnb Tr…afalgar Square installation
- Outrace by Kram/Weisshaar for Trafalgar …Square
- RGB Fabulous Landscapes by Carnovsky
- Lachapelle and Eno headline Design Indab…a
- Dezeen Screen: Sweeper Clock by Maarten …Baas
- Chair for Dali by Kei Harada
- Floating skateboard ramp installed on La…ke Tahoe for pro-skater Bob Burnquist
- 251 Series by Uniform Wares at Dezeen Wa…tch Store
- Tatzu Nishi builds Hotel Manta around a …nude sculpture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories