Books and objects of various sizes can be accommodated in the cubes of the bookcase, which gently decrease in size as it curls around. The patina of the steel changes as the cubes become smaller, moving from black to silvery grey.
Here's some information from the designer:
This project results from a discussion with Meta who disclosed a wish to be able to have a piece of furniture to accommodate varying scales and styles of book and object collections in harmony. I designed this shelf inspired by the composition principles of fractal forms. A patina with a gradation of steel colours lends itself to the spiral composition of the object, bestowing it with a certain lightness in spite of its actual weight. The wealth of this project rests upon the interaction between the content and the receptacle.
- Bertrand Lavier's "unruly mass" of hos…es creates a fountain outside the Serpentine Sackler Gallery
- Prairie Chair by Von Tundra
- Biodegradable fishing nets could preve…nt sea mammal deaths
- Osso by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for M…attiazzi
- Doug Wheeler creates illusion of infin…ite white space inside Venetian palazzo
- Packaging Lights by Anke Weiss
- Arper to relaunch Lina Bo Bardi's Bowl… Chair
- World Business Class cabin by Hella Jo…ngerius for KLM
- Banksy on Essex Road
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories