Books and objects of various sizes can be accommodated in the cubes of the bookcase, which gently decrease in size as it curls around. The patina of the steel changes as the cubes become smaller, moving from black to silvery grey.
Here's some information from the designer:
This project results from a discussion with Meta who disclosed a wish to be able to have a piece of furniture to accommodate varying scales and styles of book and object collections in harmony. I designed this shelf inspired by the composition principles of fractal forms. A patina with a gradation of steel colours lends itself to the spiral composition of the object, bestowing it with a certain lightness in spite of its actual weight. The wealth of this project rests upon the interaction between the content and the receptacle.
- Dezeen selects the top 7 things to see a…t London Design Festival 2014
- Moustache launches in Milan
- Taxing Art by Beta Tank
- Kano computer kit by MAP
- Minimalux launches Hash grid shelving un…it
- Grão by Pedrita
- Design Probes 2007 by Philips Design at …Dutch Design Week
- Suspended staircase combined with desk a…nd storage space by Mieke Meijer
- Ceramic radio by Studio Lama
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories