Books and objects of various sizes can be accommodated in the cubes of the bookcase, which gently decrease in size as it curls around. The patina of the steel changes as the cubes become smaller, moving from black to silvery grey.
Here's some information from the designer:
This project results from a discussion with Meta who disclosed a wish to be able to have a piece of furniture to accommodate varying scales and styles of book and object collections in harmony. I designed this shelf inspired by the composition principles of fractal forms. A patina with a gradation of steel colours lends itself to the spiral composition of the object, bestowing it with a certain lightness in spite of its actual weight. The wealth of this project rests upon the interaction between the content and the receptacle.
- Zaha Hadid for Serralunga
- Roopuppet by Nendo
- Side table extends from base of Rise sof…a by Note Design Studio
- Industrial Facility's w152 lamps charge …electronic devices
- Freedom of Creation at 100% Design
- Designjunction announces exhibitor line-…up
- Jean Paul Gaultier x Melissa
- WA|HH by Philippe Starck and David Edwar…ds
- Losanges by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories