Books and objects of various sizes can be accommodated in the cubes of the bookcase, which gently decrease in size as it curls around. The patina of the steel changes as the cubes become smaller, moving from black to silvery grey.
Here's some information from the designer:
This project results from a discussion with Meta who disclosed a wish to be able to have a piece of furniture to accommodate varying scales and styles of book and object collections in harmony. I designed this shelf inspired by the composition principles of fractal forms. A patina with a gradation of steel colours lends itself to the spiral composition of the object, bestowing it with a certain lightness in spite of its actual weight. The wealth of this project rests upon the interaction between the content and the receptacle.
- Pyggy Bank by Nendo
- Ron Arad: Restless - "It would be nice i…f a lot of things were moving"
- Audience by rAndom International
- Tasse by Patrick Norguet
- "Our shoes were the first to cross betwe…en industrial design and fashion" - Rem D Koolhaas
- DNA furniture by Tjep. and Dutch DNA
- A' Design Awards and Competition 2015 wi…nners announced
- Pill Range by Alexander Lotersztain for …Derlot Editions
- "We wanted to bring the family portrait …into the next century"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories