Japanese designer Reiichi Ikeda has built a wire mesh box in the middle of a fashion boutique in Osaka.
Chain-link fencing has been used for the walls of the box, which is separated into three parts and connected by rounded doorways.
Clothes rails have been positioned against the bare brick walls of the Martagon boutique and wood has been used for the counter and shelving.
Outside, a balcony made of chain-link fencing surrounds the shop window and the wooden entrance door.
Earlier today we featured another Osaka shop designed by Ikeda with a wooden house inside it.
Have a look at our Pinterest board of shops featured on Dezeen.
Photographs are by Yoshiro Masuda.
Here's some more information from the designer:
This is an interior design for a specialty boutique in Osaka, Japan. The owner has their own world view and wants to share it with others that people should enjoy various fashion regardless of rules and genres, just like going off on adventures.
I constructed a design concept out of the keywords, going off on adventures, and designed a boutique where you can freely walk around as in going around the globe. I considered partitions as what can connect areas to each other, and I controlled the number of areas by using them in this space with too much good visibility.
The use of the undecorated chain-link fence is very clear, and can be a special element to differentiate the areas. The unique space gives you curiosity and a sense of anticipation as an adventure does.
Project Name: Martagon
Use: Clothing store
Location: 1F SOLEIL Minami-Horie, 1-15-10, Minami-Horie, Nishi-ku, Osaka-city, Osaka, Japan 550-0015
Store floor area: 66 sq m
Completion of construction: Mar 16, 2012
Interior Designer: Reiichi Ikeda
Photographer: Yoshiro Masuda
- Isolation Unit completes Tokyo hair salo…n
- Nendo's grid of suspended bookshelves ha…ngs above shoppers in Beige fashion boutique
- Ominous by Monica Förster
- UdK Bookshop 2010 by Dalia Butvidaite, L…eonard Steidle and Johannes Drechsler
- Konstantin Grcic designs glass furniture… with moving parts for Galerie Kreo show
- Emanuel Hostel by Lana Vitas Gruić
- Zapata y Herrera lawyers' office by Masq…uespacio
- The Souk, Abu Dhabi Central Market by Fo…ster + Partners
- Super Mari' by Lukas Galehr
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories