Japanese designer Reiichi Ikeda has built a wire mesh box in the middle of a fashion boutique in Osaka.
Chain-link fencing has been used for the walls of the box, which is separated into three parts and connected by rounded doorways.
Clothes rails have been positioned against the bare brick walls of the Martagon boutique and wood has been used for the counter and shelving.
Outside, a balcony made of chain-link fencing surrounds the shop window and the wooden entrance door.
Earlier today we featured another Osaka shop designed by Ikeda with a wooden house inside it.
Have a look at our Pinterest board of shops featured on Dezeen.
Photographs are by Yoshiro Masuda.
Here's some more information from the designer:
This is an interior design for a specialty boutique in Osaka, Japan. The owner has their own world view and wants to share it with others that people should enjoy various fashion regardless of rules and genres, just like going off on adventures.
I constructed a design concept out of the keywords, going off on adventures, and designed a boutique where you can freely walk around as in going around the globe. I considered partitions as what can connect areas to each other, and I controlled the number of areas by using them in this space with too much good visibility.
The use of the undecorated chain-link fence is very clear, and can be a special element to differentiate the areas. The unique space gives you curiosity and a sense of anticipation as an adventure does.
Project Name: Martagon
Use: Clothing store
Location: 1F SOLEIL Minami-Horie, 1-15-10, Minami-Horie, Nishi-ku, Osaka-city, Osaka, Japan 550-0015
Store floor area: 66 sq m
Completion of construction: Mar 16, 2012
Interior Designer: Reiichi Ikeda
Photographer: Yoshiro Masuda
- Bureau SLA inserts bright white gallery …into old timber armoury
- Studio 13 by Street & Garden Furniture C…o.
- "The world today is becoming a little bi…t boring"
- Ioannis Exarchou converts 100-year-old G…reek stable into holiday house
- NE by Teruhiro Yanagihara
- Panscape 2jo by Ninkipen!
- Yellow house-shaped facade fronts cafe b…y Nordic Bros Design Community
- Army of folded carpet suits by Didier Fa…ustino exhibited in Paris
- If Dogs Run Free by Tzou Lubroth Archite…kten
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories