"I'd like to see more rent regulation and buildings reused in creative ways," says Holland, while Wigglesworth suggests that "what we need is greater flexibility."
The article follows the news that New York City are seeking designs for “micro-units” to help solve the shortage of of small apartments in Manhattan.
- Slideshow: Shearer's Quarters by John Wa…rdle Architects
- HOUS.E+ by Polifactory
- Clifton Hill House by Sharif Abraham Arc…hitects
- Ex Fonderie Riunite by Modostudio, CCDP …and Studio Cattinari
- Hiroshima Park Restrooms by Future Studi…o
- Urban Hut by Takehiko Nez Architects
- ProtoHouse by Softkill Design
- Totem de.dos by Brut Deluxe Architecture… + Design
- Manned Cloud by Jean-Marie Massaud
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories