"I'd like to see more rent regulation and buildings reused in creative ways," says Holland, while Wigglesworth suggests that "what we need is greater flexibility."
The article follows the news that New York City are seeking designs for “micro-units” to help solve the shortage of of small apartments in Manhattan.
- Synth[e]tech[e]cology by Chang-Yeob Lee
- Metal-clad house in Japan by Eto Kenta c…onceals its garden
- Temporary Bar by Diogo Aguiar and Teresa… Otto
- Inca Public Market by Charmaine Lay and …Carles Muro
- Johan Celsing's red-brick crematorium fo…llows the terrain of Asplund's Woodland Cemetery
- Urezkoenea House by Peña Ganchegui y As…ociados
- The High Line by James Corner Field Oper…ations and Diller Scofidio + Renfro
- Mies van der Rohe Pavilion installation …by SANAA
- Mondrian South Beach by Marcel Wanders
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories