Three thin layers of wood have been overlaid to create this boxy bookcase by Dutch designer Gerard de Hoop.
Frames Wall is a wall-mounted cluster of squares and rectangles that provide space for books of various heights.
The shelves pictured are made from lacquered black MDF, but they can also be made with other woods and in other sizes.
"This cabinet is suitable for shallow books, like poetry and literature," says de Hoop, who previously designed a free-standing Frames cabinet using five layers of wood to provide space for larger books.
- KDDI shows new Fukasawa prototype
- Nendo adds to its expanding design portf…olio with flexible reading glasses
- Parrish by Konstantin Grcic for Emeco
- Wearable technology will "transform the …doctor-patient relationship"
- Design Help by A1 Architects
- Swarovski Crystal Palace
- PayPal Here by Fuseproject
- Lagrange34 chocolate by Jjuice
- Victorian Grandfather Chair and Chippend…ale Writing Desk by Adam Rowe
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories