Construction is already underway in Ninotsminda on the structure, which will be over 100 metres wide and will divide traffic from both directions into a total of eight lanes.
Stained glass panels will infill the spaces between some of the concrete slabs, surrounding two floors of staff facilities at both ends of the building.
Here's a project description from Luka Machablishvili:
Border Checkpoint Ninotsminda
Project Ninotsminda Custom Terminal is a modern two storied building with 39.4x107.4 meters in size, with a total area of 1.78 hectares and it is located between the old custom building and border.
Project is considering all modern and necessary requirements, both visual and functional terms, which will make maximum comfort for consumers.
Due to its architectural appearance of the building type is best suited to the function.
At the same time it has modern conceptual dimensional elements, which visually set rotational form effects around the axis on the façade.
The architectural solution is converting building into static dynamic position, which responds dynamic cycle of movement and motion of the custom terminal.
It is used modern constructive materials in the project.
Lateral and longitudinal facades facing materials of dimensional elements are: metal panels, stained-glass windows: black aluminum profiles, internal and external high quality lightings.
The building is a iron-concrete carcass from the construction point of view (columns, plates and crossbars) with flat roofing and banding basement.
- New Cultural Centre by Fündc
- Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industr…y by Chartier-Corbasson Architectes
- 10 architecture and design exhibitions w…e're looking forward to in 2015
- Mountain Hill Cabin by Fantastic Norway
- BFI Master Film Store by Edward Cullinan
- Sliding House by dRMM
- Residence in Kallitechnoupolis by Tense …Architecture Network
- FRIEM Headquarters by Onsitestudio
- Richard Brine photographs the concrete "…pillboxes" left over from the war
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories