Dezeen Wire: after a spectacular unveiling on Friday, the London 2012 Olympic Cauldron designed by Thomas Heatherwick is proving controversial. Detractors complain that it's hidden out of sight for most visitors to the Olympic Park, only on show for those with tickets to events inside the main stadium, and last night the Cauldron had to be extinguished while it was moved aside to make way for sporting events.
Read more about the Cauldron's design in our earlier story here and see all our stories about the London 2012 Olympics here.
- Crystallisation water dress by Iris van …Herpen
- Ronny by Daniel Böttcher for Formverlei…h at Dezeen Super Store
- Dezeen at Tokyo Designers Week
- Vangardist magazine prints 3000 copies w…ith HIV+ blood-infused ink
- Smoke by Bevk Perović Arhitekti
- Mindcraft exhibition brings Danish craft… to Milan 2014
- Bamboolarule by Baskerville Studio
- Download issues four to eight of experim…ental Milan newspaper FOMO
- AndreyAndShay melds colourful bristles t…o form Monobloc Brushes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories