Dezeen Wire: after a spectacular unveiling on Friday, the London 2012 Olympic Cauldron designed by Thomas Heatherwick is proving controversial. Detractors complain that it's hidden out of sight for most visitors to the Olympic Park, only on show for those with tickets to events inside the main stadium, and last night the Cauldron had to be extinguished while it was moved aside to make way for sporting events.
Read more about the Cauldron's design in our earlier story here and see all our stories about the London 2012 Olympics here.
- Meike Langer designs copper clothes stan…d to nestle into awkward spaces
- Rise of Flames by Frederik Roijé
- Bamboolarule by Baskerville Studio
- Matthew Hilton at 100% Design
- Dezeen’s Milan favourites
- Solid desk accessories by Magnus Petters…en
- Cru by Sebastian Bergne
- Link by PearsonLloyd
- Wanders seeks creatives for Amsterdam ce…ntre
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories