Dezeen Wire: after a spectacular unveiling on Friday, the London 2012 Olympic Cauldron designed by Thomas Heatherwick is proving controversial. Detractors complain that it's hidden out of sight for most visitors to the Olympic Park, only on show for those with tickets to events inside the main stadium, and last night the Cauldron had to be extinguished while it was moved aside to make way for sporting events.
Read more about the Cauldron's design in our earlier story here and see all our stories about the London 2012 Olympics here.
- Telling the Truth Through False Teeth …by Alex Chinneck
- Purple locket is a digital version of …the traditional heirloom
- Hide & Seek by THINKK Studio
- Sneaker Speaker by Ray Kingston Inc.
- Special feature: designed in Israel
- Decanterlight by Lee Broom for the St…epney Green Design Collection
- Robotic arms create custom furniture i…n Kram/Weisshaar's Robochop installation
- Infrasons by Matali Crasset
- Rapidprototypedshoe by Marloes ten BhÃ…¶mer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories