Dezeen Wire: after a spectacular unveiling on Friday, the London 2012 Olympic Cauldron designed by Thomas Heatherwick is proving controversial. Detractors complain that it's hidden out of sight for most visitors to the Olympic Park, only on show for those with tickets to events inside the main stadium, and last night the Cauldron had to be extinguished while it was moved aside to make way for sporting events.
Read more about the Cauldron's design in our earlier story here and see all our stories about the London 2012 Olympics here.
- LAT Chair by Jeroen van Laarhoven
- Orbit by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Styrofoam Sofa by Kwangho Lee
- Movie: tour of Design Products at Show R…CA 2012 with Tord Boontje
- The Capsule by Tom Dixon for Adidas
- Arper to relaunch Lina Bo Bardi's Bowl C…hair
- In a Pinch shelving system by Arttu Kuis…ma
- Krijn de Koning builds colourful archite…ctural structures at Turner Contemporary
- 1.3 Chair by Ki Hyun Kim
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories