A suspended net provides a hammock over the staircase of this apartment in Porto by architects OODA.
Residents can climb onto the net from a top-floor landing and there's room for a couple of people to sit down at once.
Sliding glass doors on one side of the hammock open out to a terrace with a view out to sea.
The architects installed the net during a renovation of the whole two-storey apartment and have also added wooden floors in each room.
We've previously featured a set of hammock seats suspended from a metal structure.
Photography is by ctrl + N.
Here are a few more words from OODA:
In a place nearby the sea in Porto, we had the chance to design a complete transformation of a two storey apartment.
It was our intention to play with the light that strongly flows into the apartment merging it with new program needs.
The relation between voids, volumes and the function among then was the prime project drive aiming to create fine detailing while suggesting new surprising spaces and features to be used and lived in a daily basis.
Team: Diogo Brito, Rodrigo Vilas-Boas, Francisco Lencastre
- Moscow United electricity control centre… by Arch-group and ABTB
- Joyce by Case-Real
- Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht Hotel by M…arcel Wanders
- Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair by Guise
- PAC House by A+R Arquitectos
- Clockwork Snow by Tjep.
- More images of Hadid’s Ideal House in …Cologne
- Kloke shop interior features copper clot…hes rails and wooden display units by Sibling
- Y. Di Cassanova by Van Halewyck & Marco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories