Ukrainian designer Vasiliy Butenko has made a series of pendant lamps by wrapping cotton rope around plastic bottles.
Called Acorn, each one has an LED light source and comes in black, brown or blue.
Photos are by the designer.
Here's some more information from Butenko:
Cotton rope is a simple but quite interesting and pleasant material. The majority of objects crafted with the use of the rope are woven, which makes the object manufacturing process more complicated. My intention was to create an utmost simple and modern object avoiding the use of complicated weaving techniques. In order to create volume of the illuminator, I used the bottle, which in my opinion had the best shape to fit in.
Having bonded all the layers, we created a compact, light and neat illuminator shape without a frame. Given that the shape is very simple, I tried to consider every detail. I used LED bulbs in this illuminator as they provide integral and concentrated light, which enables to zone space the illuminator is hanged over.
- Claesson Koivisto Rune to launch pentago…nal wooden furniture
- Fabrica Decorative System by Sam Baron
- Wrapping a Thonet Chair by Matthias Plie…ssnig
- Inside Out Furniture by Minale-Maeda
- Particle shelving by Dominic McCausland
- Dezeen Watch Store
- Dezeen relaunch party at Covent Garden S…uper Design
- Vitamin debuts furniture collection infl…uenced by small-scale production
- Debug by Edhv
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories