Ukrainian designer Vasiliy Butenko has made a series of pendant lamps by wrapping cotton rope around plastic bottles.
Called Acorn, each one has an LED light source and comes in black, brown or blue.
Photos are by the designer.
Here's some more information from Butenko:
Cotton rope is a simple but quite interesting and pleasant material. The majority of objects crafted with the use of the rope are woven, which makes the object manufacturing process more complicated. My intention was to create an utmost simple and modern object avoiding the use of complicated weaving techniques. In order to create volume of the illuminator, I used the bottle, which in my opinion had the best shape to fit in.
Having bonded all the layers, we created a compact, light and neat illuminator shape without a frame. Given that the shape is very simple, I tried to consider every detail. I used LED bulbs in this illuminator as they provide integral and concentrated light, which enables to zone space the illuminator is hanged over.
- Swiss Poster Generator by Ben and Clark …DuVall
- Jonas Wagell designs Concrete Lamp for M…enu
- "Hal is very sophisticated. He's a coppe…r sweaty mannequin"
- Basalt desk accessories by Jeonghwa Seo …originate from a Korean island
- Nendo bases furniture for Walt Disney Ja…pan on Winnie-the-Pooh characters
- RGB by Carnovsky
- Jointed Jewels by Alissia Melka-Teichroe…w
- Fabrica and Modern Design Review curate …installations at Ace Hotel Shoreditch
- Dior's feminine haute couture fashion sh…ow set against white orchids
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories