For those still craving more sport in their life, Vancouver-based design graduate Tom Chung has come up with a countdown clock to speed up daily tasks.
Shotclock operates as a normal clock but also features a timer mode, recreating the final seconds of a basketball game as it ticks down to zero when the buzzer sounds.
It also has a scoreboard mode for basketball or impromptu office games.
Chung's Game On! collection also includes Locker Room, a bench, hanging rail and cupboard with louvred door as well as space for hanging hats and stowing shoes.
Photographs are by Conrad Brown Photography.
Here's more information from the designer:
The workplace shotclock is designed to get people outside, on time. This clock aims to recreate the dying seconds of a basketball game, in your office. Simply set the timer and complete your task before time runs out and the buzzer sounds. The clock features a scoreboard mode for those games of pickup, as well as a normal clock mode. The shot clock is designed to fit in both domestic and urban environments.
Typically, sports equipment is shunned to the garage or basement of most homes. This tasteful locker invites equipment to take a prominent place in the living area. Through this intervention the user is reminded of what he/she could be doing outdoors. The locker also provides that locker-room atmosphere before getting ready to go for a run, play tennis etc.
- Analogia #001 by Andrea Mancuso and Emil…ia Serra
- Impossible Wood by Doshi Levien for Moro…so
- NSEPS by Silo
- Colour Injector lamp by Taras Sgibnev
- Slim Office by Bertjan Pot
- Another Country launches lighting collec…tion with designs by Dana Cannam
- Kulle daybed by Stefanie Schissler featu…res a bobbly surface
- Human Body Shop by Eliot Postma
- Antony Gormley occupies French gallery w…ith monumental metal sculptures
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories