Tokyo studio International Royal Architecture designed this seaside house with the "form of a pure white arrow".
The exterior of ISM house is completely wrapped in waterproof fiberglass-reinforced polymer.
Large double doors in both sides open a tunnel through the middle of the building with rooms either side screened by sliding glass doors.
A mezzanine bridges the gap and creates an airy upper level under the roof, uninterrupted by columns.
Glazing under the eaves bounces daylight around the upper level and spills light onto the porch and yard on each side at night.
- OMA Book Machine at the Architectural As…sociation
- Architects could become "closer to game …designers or filmmakers"
- House of the Infinite by Alberto Campo B…aeza designed as "a jetty facing out to sea"
- Mies van der Rohe Award 2007
- Reiulf Ramstad creates three glass-front…ed cabins as Norwegian holiday home
- Aluminium-clad Rebel House by MONO refle…cts the colours of its surroundings
- London Britannia Airport by Gensler
- Wall House by And'rol
- San Juan de Dios Apartments by Duarte Ar…quitectos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories