Tokyo studio International Royal Architecture designed this seaside house with the "form of a pure white arrow".
The exterior of ISM house is completely wrapped in waterproof fiberglass-reinforced polymer.
Large double doors in both sides open a tunnel through the middle of the building with rooms either side screened by sliding glass doors.
A mezzanine bridges the gap and creates an airy upper level under the roof, uninterrupted by columns.
Glazing under the eaves bounces daylight around the upper level and spills light onto the porch and yard on each side at night.
- Black Rubber Beach House by Simon Cond…er Associates
- TVK transforms Place de la République… into Paris' largest pedestrian square
- Frei Otto: a life in projects
- Universiade 2011 Sports Centre by GMP …Architekten
- Brick office by Wil-Ma and Wastiau is …raised on angled stilts to protect it from flooding
- HOUS.E+ by Polifactory
- Top Towers by Konigsberger & Vannucchi
- The Golden Age: Somewhere by Paul Nich…olls
- Casa Puglia by Peter Pichler
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories