Tokyo studio International Royal Architecture designed this seaside house with the "form of a pure white arrow".
The exterior of ISM house is completely wrapped in waterproof fiberglass-reinforced polymer.
Large double doors in both sides open a tunnel through the middle of the building with rooms either side screened by sliding glass doors.
A mezzanine bridges the gap and creates an airy upper level under the roof, uninterrupted by columns.
Glazing under the eaves bounces daylight around the upper level and spills light onto the porch and yard on each side at night.
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: House M by A…E5 partners
- 9/11 memorial by Michael Arad and Peter …Walker
- Hayhurst and Co adds beach house-inspire…d extension to London residence
- Mont-de-Marsan education centre comprise…s wooden boxes hovering over a forest floor
- Open Tables Ecology by Working Architect…ure Group
- Garden Tree House by Hironaka Ogawa
- Water Storage Tower by Mendaro Corsini, …Isasi Zaragozá and Gutiérrez Rodríguez
- Viamala Raststätte Thusis by Iseppi/Kur…ath
- Cedar cladding frames an extension to Th…e Runners House by AR Design Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories