Tokyo studio International Royal Architecture designed this seaside house with the "form of a pure white arrow".
The exterior of ISM house is completely wrapped in waterproof fiberglass-reinforced polymer.
Large double doors in both sides open a tunnel through the middle of the building with rooms either side screened by sliding glass doors.
A mezzanine bridges the gap and creates an airy upper level under the roof, uninterrupted by columns.
Glazing under the eaves bounces daylight around the upper level and spills light onto the porch and yard on each side at night.
- Zero-carbon city by Foster + Partners
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion by SANAA pho…tographed by Iwan Baan
- Glowing glass blocks surround the Wilhel…m-Leuschner-Platz metro station by Max Dudler
- Studio Weave celebrates old London trade…s with Clerkenwell Design Week pavilion
- RAK Gateway Project by Snøhetta
- House-shaped doorways puncture Hazukashi… House by Alts Design Office
- Adjustable balcony animates the facade o…f E348 Arquitectura's Miramar House
- Heart of Shapes by Keiko + Manabu
- Near House by Mount Fuji Architects Stud…io
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories