Tokyo studio International Royal Architecture designed this seaside house with the "form of a pure white arrow".
The exterior of ISM house is completely wrapped in waterproof fiberglass-reinforced polymer.
Large double doors in both sides open a tunnel through the middle of the building with rooms either side screened by sliding glass doors.
A mezzanine bridges the gap and creates an airy upper level under the roof, uninterrupted by columns.
Glazing under the eaves bounces daylight around the upper level and spills light onto the porch and yard on each side at night.
- Triennale New York by Michele De Lucchi …and Pierluigi Cerri
- Jagged brick artwork by Boris Tellegen e…xtends over Haarlem housing by Heren 5 Architects
- Israeli Pavilion uses "sand printers" to… trace plans of urban sprawl
- Tea House by David Jameson
- House in a car park by Alts Design Offic…e hides a covered passage behind its walls
- Onjuku Surf Shack by BAKOKO
- Harold Street Residence by Jackson Cleme…nts Burrows disguises its size with a twisted roof
- Alphabet Building by MVRDV
- Sturgess Architecture's Glacier Skywalk …offers unique views of the Canadian Rockies
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories