Tokyo studio International Royal Architecture designed this seaside house with the "form of a pure white arrow".
The exterior of ISM house is completely wrapped in waterproof fiberglass-reinforced polymer.
Large double doors in both sides open a tunnel through the middle of the building with rooms either side screened by sliding glass doors.
A mezzanine bridges the gap and creates an airy upper level under the roof, uninterrupted by columns.
Glazing under the eaves bounces daylight around the upper level and spills light onto the porch and yard on each side at night.
- Woodpeckers by Ström Architects
- The Leaf House by SJK Architects
- The ABC of Architects by Andrea Stinga a…nd Federico Gonzalez
- Tunquen House by L2C sits high above the… Chilean coastline
- Sou Fujimoto designs masterplan featurin…g water cascading down towers of arches
- Water-Treatment Plant by AWP
- Guest House Tokyo by Masahiro Kinoshita …and Yu Sakuma
- Stadtmuseum Rapperswil-Jona extension an…d renovation by MLZD
- Funeral chapel by Tria Studio brings gen…tle winds through its hollow centre
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories