The name Centanni derives from the hope that the durable design can last 100 years.
Created using larch wood and oak, the design uses no glue or screws. Instead sections are slotted together using a system of tenons and wedges.
Italian brand Discipline launched in Milan this year. The Centanni Stool will be available at the end of September and Helsinki Design Week runs from 6-16th September.
- Structural trusses influence Bridge furn…iture by Variant Studio
- Unexpected Welcome by Moooi
- Nook by Patrick Frey
- Milk Brother by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA …2012
- To Be Continued by Julien Carretero
- Magnifying spoon designed to detect cont…aminants in food
- Advances in design software mean "materi…als are becoming media"
- Robert Stadler combines construction mat…erials in sculptures for Paris exhibition
- Neon mirrors by Phillip K Smith III crea…ted glowing beacons at Coachella
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories