News: French designer Philippe Starck and Slovenian engineering company Riko will complete their first sustainable prefabricated wooden house this autumn, as part of a new venture to improve housing standards.
The D.E.A.R.S (Democratic Ecological Architecture with Riko by Starck) house models have been designed around nine key principles, which include high energy efficiency, carbon neutrality and affordable timeless design. Each house will integrate technologies like photovoltaic and solar panels, triple glazing and thick insulation made from pulped paper or wooden fibres.
The prototype steel-framed house is under construction in Versailles and will feature five bedrooms, a combined kitchen, dining and living area and a terrace and swimming pool.
Following the launch of this house, a variety of customisable models will be made available to order.
- Fireball Lilly Lodge by Hogarth Architec…ts
- Liszt Concert Hall by Atelier Kempe Thil…l
- House in Hieidaira by Tato Architects
- Palacio de Lecumberri by Rojkind Arquite…ctos
- Stirling Prize shortlist
- Wind-dyed House by Kazuhiko Kishimoto/ac…aa
- The Liquid Light of Diego Garcia by Vikt…or Westerdahl
- The Bow by Foster + Partners
- Spacebuster by Raumlabor
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories