News: French designer Philippe Starck and Slovenian engineering company Riko will complete their first sustainable prefabricated wooden house this autumn, as part of a new venture to improve housing standards.
The D.E.A.R.S (Democratic Ecological Architecture with Riko by Starck) house models have been designed around nine key principles, which include high energy efficiency, carbon neutrality and affordable timeless design. Each house will integrate technologies like photovoltaic and solar panels, triple glazing and thick insulation made from pulped paper or wooden fibres.
The prototype steel-framed house is under construction in Versailles and will feature five bedrooms, a combined kitchen, dining and living area and a terrace and swimming pool.
Following the launch of this house, a variety of customisable models will be made available to order.
- Beach House Mornington by Clare Cousins
- Perforated walls bring light into the he…art of Gus Wüstemann's Los Limoneros house
- Green Box by act_romegialli
- 14 Official Proteccion Housing in Ibiza …by Castell-Pons Arquitectes
- Metal-clad house in Japan by Eto Kenta c…onceals its garden
- Lalìn Townhall by Mansilla+Tuñón
- Parc des Expositions by OMA
- Kfar Shmaryahu House by Pitsou Kedem
- The Dune House by Min2
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories