News: French designer Philippe Starck and Slovenian engineering company Riko will complete their first sustainable prefabricated wooden house this autumn, as part of a new venture to improve housing standards.
The D.E.A.R.S (Democratic Ecological Architecture with Riko by Starck) house models have been designed around nine key principles, which include high energy efficiency, carbon neutrality and affordable timeless design. Each house will integrate technologies like photovoltaic and solar panels, triple glazing and thick insulation made from pulped paper or wooden fibres.
The prototype steel-framed house is under construction in Versailles and will feature five bedrooms, a combined kitchen, dining and living area and a terrace and swimming pool.
Following the launch of this house, a variety of customisable models will be made available to order.
- The Lanes by Mole Architects
- Philipp Architekten's all-white House M …frames a sunken pool
- Jüdische Museum München by Wandel Hoef…er Lorch Architekten
- UBPA B3-2 Pavilion by Studio Archea
- Community Centre Westvleteren by Atelier… Tom Vanhee contrasts old and new bricks
- Wiel Arets completes a glazed house for …a vintage car collector
- Apartment building by Znamení Čtyř
- House in Motoyawata by Naya Architects
- Flint House by Nick Willson Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories