News: French designer Philippe Starck and Slovenian engineering company Riko will complete their first sustainable prefabricated wooden house this autumn, as part of a new venture to improve housing standards.
The D.E.A.R.S (Democratic Ecological Architecture with Riko by Starck) house models have been designed around nine key principles, which include high energy efficiency, carbon neutrality and affordable timeless design. Each house will integrate technologies like photovoltaic and solar panels, triple glazing and thick insulation made from pulped paper or wooden fibres.
The prototype steel-framed house is under construction in Versailles and will feature five bedrooms, a combined kitchen, dining and living area and a terrace and swimming pool.
Following the launch of this house, a variety of customisable models will be made available to order.
- Temporary Museum (Lake) by Anne Holtro…p
- Old Market Square Stage by 5468796 Arc…hitecture
- Perforated metal sheets concertina acr…oss the facade of an office extension in Lund
- Movie by Spirit of Space: South Pond b…y Studio Gang
- S3 House is a concrete and aluminium v…illa by Steimle Architekten
- House of Nagahama by Takashi Okuno fra…mes five courtyard gardens
- The Khan Shatyr Entertainment Centre b…y Foster + Partners
- Flockr by SO-IL
- Renovated Spanish farmhouse by 2260mm …conceals a new structure behind its walls
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories