The Swing Sofa is hung from a metal A-frame structure that comes in white (pictured here) or yellow. It's meant for relaxation and contemplation rather than play, so "overly forceful pushes are prevented by a spring integrated into the upper beam, which prevents the swing from exceeding its natural bounds within the office," say designers Werner Aisslinger and Nicole Losos.
The product was launched at the Orgatec trade fair in Cologne last week, where Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec also presented stackable chairs and tables designed for a Danish university and KiBiSi showed a mechanical desk that can be cranked up and down.
This isn't the first piece of kinetic office furniture we've featured on Dezeen – we recently reported on a swinging table with hanging chairs by Duffy London.
A selection of watches designed by Studio Aisslinger for the Italian brand Lorenz is available in the Dezeen Watch Store, including the original model with windows cut into the watch face to reveal its numbers and the recently launched chronograph version.
- Design Indaba videos: Doung Anwar Jahang…eer
- Pinch launches wooden furniture during C…lerkenwell Design Week
- Gorenje Ora-Ito Collection
- Snap Chair by Karim Rashid
- Monica Pidgeon digital archive
- Form Us With Friends by Form Us With Lov…e
- Free space for light designers at Tent L…ondon
- Book Vases by Laura Cahill
- Foldable Sewing Machine by Richard Burro…w at New Designers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories