Product news: this table by Dutch designer Frederik Roijé has one top on three levels.
Called Tablefields, the design is produced from a single piece of folded sheet metal with three legs made of lacquered ash.
Roijé wanted the table to express the forms of tiered rice fields, which he had become interested in while travelling.
The table is manufactured in the Netherlands and is available in four colours.
Other objects by Roijé we've featured on Dezeen include a five-storey chicken coop and a series of aluminium bowls shaped like maps of New York and Amsterdam.
We recently featured another table that appears to be made from a single sheet of metal, while last year we reported on a tiered table that includes mirrors to view its patterned undersides.
Other tables we've published recently include a trestle table held in tension by sheets of bowed steel and an office table with swinging chairs mounted around it.
- Nike launches 3D-printed sports bag for …Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Tom Dixon to launch metal home and offic…e accessories in Paris
- Libri by Michaël Bihain
- Ken Nakagaki's Comppass draws simple sha…pes from digital files
- The Longest Bench by Studio Weave
- Clock Delay by StudioBloomm
- Paizi 38 installation by reMIX Studio
- Studio Job converts Land Rover Defender …into "hotch-potch on wheels"
- Wästberg lighting collection 09
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories