Product news: this table by Dutch designer Frederik Roijé has one top on three levels.
Called Tablefields, the design is produced from a single piece of folded sheet metal with three legs made of lacquered ash.
Roijé wanted the table to express the forms of tiered rice fields, which he had become interested in while travelling.
The table is manufactured in the Netherlands and is available in four colours.
Other objects by Roijé we've featured on Dezeen include a five-storey chicken coop and a series of aluminium bowls shaped like maps of New York and Amsterdam.
We recently featured another table that appears to be made from a single sheet of metal, while last year we reported on a tiered table that includes mirrors to view its patterned undersides.
Other tables we've published recently include a trestle table held in tension by sheets of bowed steel and an office table with swinging chairs mounted around it.
- Clarissa Hood armchair and chair by Patr…icia Urquiola for Moroso
- Clothes that change colour according to …climate by Lauren Bowker
- Bold by Studio Job at Designhuis, Eindho…ven
- Stacked Objects by Emiel Remmelts
- Elastic Diamond by Nendo
- Slightly Windy by José Ferrufino
- Inaugural collection by Petite Friture
- Toge by Emmanuelle Moureaux
- Design Academy Eindhoven Graduation Gall…eries 2008
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories