Product news: this table by Dutch designer Frederik Roijé has one top on three levels.
Called Tablefields, the design is produced from a single piece of folded sheet metal with three legs made of lacquered ash.
Roijé wanted the table to express the forms of tiered rice fields, which he had become interested in while travelling.
The table is manufactured in the Netherlands and is available in four colours.
Other objects by Roijé we've featured on Dezeen include a five-storey chicken coop and a series of aluminium bowls shaped like maps of New York and Amsterdam.
We recently featured another table that appears to be made from a single sheet of metal, while last year we reported on a tiered table that includes mirrors to view its patterned undersides.
Other tables we've published recently include a trestle table held in tension by sheets of bowed steel and an office table with swinging chairs mounted around it.
- Zaha Hadid, Ben van Berkel and more de…sign 3D-printed shoes for United Nude
- Alphabunnies by Airside
- Bob Schiller aims to revive Dutch bicy…cle manufacturing industry with Epo
- Autonomobile by Mike + Maaike
- Cityscape by Arne Quinze update
- Paper works by Simon Schubert
- Osmosis by Arik Levy
- Izabela Bołoz's Intersections modules… interlock to form street furniture
- Burn Burn Burn by Sarah van Gameren
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories