Product news: a ball of cork provides the stopper for this glass container by Czech designer Martin Jakobsen.
The Luno container has a shape similar to the small playing pieces in the board game Ludo, Martin Jakobsen told Dezeen.
Natural materials like glass, wood and marble appear throughout Jakobsen's work. "In this case, cork was definitely what I needed. It is a sufficiently soft material and very good combination together with glass," he said.
The Luno container is now available from Czech design portal Maxi Design.
Jakobsen founded his own studio in 2010 and began designing products for Danish design brand Mojoo in 2011.
We've previously featured a set of coloured glass jars with cork lids as well as some more unusual uses of cork, including a torch with a cork body and a cork light fitting that let users pin on their own paper shades.
Photographs are by Eliska Kyselkova.
- Hydro-Fold byChristophe Guberan
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Craig G…reen
- Split series by Peter Marigold
- Dual-directional lamp by Inga Sempé
- Moolin by lasfera
- Pylons of the Future Dancing with Nature… by Hugh Dutton Associés
- Volvo's connected helmet warns cyclists …of car collisions
- Magnetic dresses by Iris van Herpen and …Jólan van der Wiel
- De La Espada at Qubique 2011
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories