Product news: Hackney designer Ed Carpenter has created a countryside version of his London design classic, the Pigeon Light, this time shaped like a pheasant.
Made of vacuum-formed acrylic, the Pheasant Light for design brand Theo can be clipped on to surfaces with a peg where the bird's feet would be. The light is currently available in white but more colours may be released in the new year.
Ed Carpenter first designed the Pigeon Light (above) for his Royal College of Art graduation project in 2001. He collaborated with Theo founder Thorsten van Elten to produce the light, which has become an iconic urban souvenir and is a best-seller in museums and design shops worldwide.
- Dirty Rotten Peaches by Rebecca Wilson
- Formafantasma experiment with lava to cr…eate furniture collection
- Droog and Barry Friedman's Smart Deco
- ATREEM by Nitipak Samsen
- Castor by Big-Game for Karimoku New Stan…dard
- Wind Portal by Najla El Zein at the V&A
- Celebrating the Cross 1 by Humans Since …1982
- Designed in Hackney: Leutton Postle AW12… collection
- Volkswagen claims XL1 is "the most effic…ient production car in the world"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories