Product news: Hackney designer Ed Carpenter has created a countryside version of his London design classic, the Pigeon Light, this time shaped like a pheasant.
Made of vacuum-formed acrylic, the Pheasant Light for design brand Theo can be clipped on to surfaces with a peg where the bird's feet would be. The light is currently available in white but more colours may be released in the new year.
Ed Carpenter first designed the Pigeon Light (above) for his Royal College of Art graduation project in 2001. He collaborated with Theo founder Thorsten van Elten to produce the light, which has become an iconic urban souvenir and is a best-seller in museums and design shops worldwide.
- Chambre d'Ami by Matali Crasset for Camp…eggi
- Table Vic by Elemento Diseño
- Philippe Malouin creates "super soft" fo…am chair for Established & Sons
- N12 3D-printed bikini by Continuum Fashi…on and Shapeways
- Melissa + Campana
- Pregnant Chair by Trent Jansen for Moooi
- Sprig by Donna Wilson for SCP
- Catalytic Clothing by Helen Storey and T…ony Ryan
- Kate Winslet designs for Habitat
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories