Product news: each of these lamps by Swedish design duo Mats Broberg and Johan Ridderstråle for Nordic furniture company Muuto is shaped like a single leaf at the end of a long stem.
"Though the design is minimalistic and straightforward, a soft asymmetric geometry gives the lamp an organic and friendly appearance," say the designers. "Depending on the viewing angle and how the shade is turned, the lamp will subtly transform its shape to create a graphic and leaf-like silhouette in the room.”
The Leaf lamp is available in table and floor versions and comes in black, white, grey, rose and green.
Broberg and Ridderstråle founded their Stockholm-based architecture and design practice after graduating together in 2006 from Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design. This is the second lamp from Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muuto, following the Plugged Lamp designed in 2008.
Previous products by Muuto on Dezeen include a chair formed from laminated plywood shells slotted together and some containers shaped like little birds by TAF.
- Penny Webb's homeware changes colour in …response to breath, touch or movement
- Companions by Studioilse for De La Espad…a
- Hayo Gebauer's Moiré Mirror rotates to …reveal changing patterns
- The Long Drop by Studio Glithero
- Technology and design: our digitally ena…bled future
- Julia Krantz at R 20th Century
- Torafu Architects suspend bubbly balloon…s of light for Tokyo installation
- Jeonghwa Seo explores contrasts with Mat…erial Container Series
- Porcelain poppies surround the Tower of …London to commemorate World War I
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories