Product news: each of these lamps by Swedish design duo Mats Broberg and Johan Ridderstråle for Nordic furniture company Muuto is shaped like a single leaf at the end of a long stem.
"Though the design is minimalistic and straightforward, a soft asymmetric geometry gives the lamp an organic and friendly appearance," say the designers. "Depending on the viewing angle and how the shade is turned, the lamp will subtly transform its shape to create a graphic and leaf-like silhouette in the room.”
The Leaf lamp is available in table and floor versions and comes in black, white, grey, rose and green.
Broberg and Ridderstråle founded their Stockholm-based architecture and design practice after graduating together in 2006 from Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design. This is the second lamp from Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muuto, following the Plugged Lamp designed in 2008.
Previous products by Muuto on Dezeen include a chair formed from laminated plywood shells slotted together and some containers shaped like little birds by TAF.
- Unicorn chases its horn in Tomek Ducki's… animation for Basement Jaxx
- The Bombay Sapphire Prize in Milan: vide…o diary day 4
- Jasper Morrison's latest products for Vi…tra to feature at London Design Festival
- Mono-Light by OS & OOS twists and bends …into different configurations
- Dick, Pussy & Ass by Arik Levy
- Formwork by Industrial Facility for Herm…an Miller
- Assemblage 2 by Toogood at Natura Morta
- More images of Zaha Hadid's Jazz superya…cht
- Mitate by Studio Wieki Somers at Galerie… Kreo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories