Product news: each of these lamps by Swedish design duo Mats Broberg and Johan Ridderstråle for Nordic furniture company Muuto is shaped like a single leaf at the end of a long stem.
"Though the design is minimalistic and straightforward, a soft asymmetric geometry gives the lamp an organic and friendly appearance," say the designers. "Depending on the viewing angle and how the shade is turned, the lamp will subtly transform its shape to create a graphic and leaf-like silhouette in the room.”
The Leaf lamp is available in table and floor versions and comes in black, white, grey, rose and green.
Broberg and Ridderstråle founded their Stockholm-based architecture and design practice after graduating together in 2006 from Konstfack University College of Arts, Craft and Design. This is the second lamp from Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muuto, following the Plugged Lamp designed in 2008.
Previous products by Muuto on Dezeen include a chair formed from laminated plywood shells slotted together and some containers shaped like little birds by TAF.
- Bucket Vase by Qubus Design Studio
- Chairs for the Dysfunctional by Alice Wa…ng
- Wine & Bar by Aurélien Barbry for Norma…nn Copenhagen
- One laptop per artist: OLPC charity auct…ion
- Dezeen Watch Store: Vigorelli silicone b…y Matteo Ragni
- 1/5 scale paper chair by Taiji Fujimori
- Wireless router vase by STC
- Bamboo lattice by Gabriel Lester perches… over a Folkestone railway viaduct
- A Shelf of Tables is three desks in one …shelving unit
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories