Dezeen Watch Store: this limited-edition watch designed by London brand Mr Jones Watches tells time using coloured dots on a 24 hour mechanism. Satellite by Mr Jones Watches is now available at Dezeen Watch Store where we have just five signed and numbered timepieces available to buy with free worldwide shipping.
This unusual watch has two circular markers that represent the minutes and hours. The hour marker is cut out from a ring covering the edge of the face, which rotates to reveal brightly coloured circles below.
These are set out in a regular six-hour pattern. The colour yellow will appear every six hours at 2pm, 8pm, 2am and 8am. The gold minute marker runs at the usual speed, rotating inside the hour circle
The watch is packaged in a illustrated box by artist Fanny Shorter. Inspired by the 24-hour mechanism, the artwork shows the life cycle of a mayfly, which lasts only 24 hours.
Crispin Jones started his boutique watch brand in 2006 and has since released a selection of interesting watches including Cyclops and All around the world. You can browse our full collection of Mr Jones Watches here.
- Mycelium Chair by Eric Klarenbeek is 3D-…printed with living fungus
- Maizy by Spalvieri / Del Ciotto
- Studio Glithero at VIVID Gallery
- Molecules by Aqua Creations and Ilan Gar…ibi
- Hyperion Spotlight by Paul Heijnen
- Rianne Koens’ stackable drawers functi…on as cabinets, tables and stools
- Boxes by five Japanese architects: Derol…l curated by Eizo Okada
- Roee Magdassi abstracts animal forms to …create furniture trio
- Karolina by Designklein
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories