Dezeen Watch Store: this limited-edition watch designed by London brand Mr Jones Watches tells time using coloured dots on a 24 hour mechanism. Satellite by Mr Jones Watches is now available at Dezeen Watch Store where we have just five signed and numbered timepieces available to buy with free worldwide shipping.
This unusual watch has two circular markers that represent the minutes and hours. The hour marker is cut out from a ring covering the edge of the face, which rotates to reveal brightly coloured circles below.
These are set out in a regular six-hour pattern. The colour yellow will appear every six hours at 2pm, 8pm, 2am and 8am. The gold minute marker runs at the usual speed, rotating inside the hour circle
The watch is packaged in a illustrated box by artist Fanny Shorter. Inspired by the 24-hour mechanism, the artwork shows the life cycle of a mayfly, which lasts only 24 hours.
Crispin Jones started his boutique watch brand in 2006 and has since released a selection of interesting watches including Cyclops and All around the world. You can browse our full collection of Mr Jones Watches here.
- Rammed Earthenware by Bril
- Marc Newson on the projects that got awa…y
- Telling Tales at Ligne Roset Westend
- Daniel Becker Design Studio creates furn…iture from transportation pallets
- Alex Hellum at 100% Norway
- Tweezers by Clemens Auer
- Split Chair by Daniel Lorch
- Tea with Georg by Scholten & Baijings fo…r Georg Jensen
- Pablo Bronstein honours Nicholas Hawksmo…or with lighthouse/beach hut hybrid in Folkestone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories