Film studio Carniolus has produced a series of movies to document the architecture of Slovenian practice OFIS Arhitekti and the first gives a tour of the 6×11 Alpine Hut, a holiday home in Slovenia's Triglav National Park.
Completed in 2009, the house was designed by OFIS Arhitekti in line with a set of plans for a traditional Slovenian hut that had already been granted permission on the site. The architects designed a contemporary version with the same dimensions, roof pitch and materials, meaning a new construction permit was not required.
The house is used as an Alpine retreat for a family, so the architects added three bedrooms and a sauna on the top floor, as well as a large living and dining room on the ground floor that opens out to a sheltered veranda.
See more photographs of 6×11 Alpine Hut in our earlier story.
Photography is by Tomaz Gregoric.
- 13 unusual mobile homes and hideaways
- Cube Court House by Shinichi Ogawa & Ass…ociates
- 4 Passive Houses by Anders Holmberg
- Metal-clad housing by Joliark features f…lush detailing and boxy balconies
- Micro Compact Home 016 by Richard Horden
- Stone-clad base supports stacked classro…oms at PFP Architekten's school in Genoa
- Sarah Ichioka appointed director of Arch…itecture Foundation
- Mayfair House by Squire and Partners
- Swan Street Residence by Iredale Pederse…n Hook
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories