Film studio Carniolus has produced a series of movies to document the architecture of Slovenian practice OFIS Arhitekti and the first gives a tour of the 6×11 Alpine Hut, a holiday home in Slovenia's Triglav National Park.
Completed in 2009, the house was designed by OFIS Arhitekti in line with a set of plans for a traditional Slovenian hut that had already been granted permission on the site. The architects designed a contemporary version with the same dimensions, roof pitch and materials, meaning a new construction permit was not required.
The house is used as an Alpine retreat for a family, so the architects added three bedrooms and a sauna on the top floor, as well as a large living and dining room on the ground floor that opens out to a sheltered veranda.
See more photographs of 6×11 Alpine Hut in our earlier story.
Photography is by Tomaz Gregoric.
- AA House by MVN Architects
- Álvaro Siza presents new entrance for G…ranada's Alhambra palace
- Cibercentro Macarena by MedioMundo
- Korkeasaari Zoo by Beckmann-N'Thépé an…d TN+
- House Bierings by Rocha Tombal
- Red-Wall Teahouse by CutscapeArchitectur…e flanks Beijing's Forbidden City
- NH Office Building by General Design
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: U-House by J…orge Graca Costa
- Lot 2, Jardins de la Lironde by Farshid …Moussavi Architecture
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories