Film studio Carniolus has produced a series of movies to document the architecture of Slovenian practice OFIS Arhitekti and the first gives a tour of the 6×11 Alpine Hut, a holiday home in Slovenia's Triglav National Park.
Completed in 2009, the house was designed by OFIS Arhitekti in line with a set of plans for a traditional Slovenian hut that had already been granted permission on the site. The architects designed a contemporary version with the same dimensions, roof pitch and materials, meaning a new construction permit was not required.
The house is used as an Alpine retreat for a family, so the architects added three bedrooms and a sauna on the top floor, as well as a large living and dining room on the ground floor that opens out to a sheltered veranda.
See more photographs of 6×11 Alpine Hut in our earlier story.
Photography is by Tomaz Gregoric.
- COBE's Copenhagen kindergarten designed …as a "village for children"
- Block H by Kohn Pedersen Fox
- Summer Theatre by Kadarik Tüür Arhitek…tid
- MAC Belfast by Hackett Hall McKnight
- Refurbished Paris swimming pool features… blue bleachers and an outdoor sunbathing deck
- Lift by Apollo Architects & Associates
- Balancing Barn by MVRDV and Mole Archite…cts photographed by Edmund Sumner
- Dezeen archive: Australian houses
- House in Hidaka by Suppose Design Office
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories