Film studio Carniolus has produced a series of movies to document the architecture of Slovenian practice OFIS Arhitekti and the first gives a tour of the 6×11 Alpine Hut, a holiday home in Slovenia's Triglav National Park.
Completed in 2009, the house was designed by OFIS Arhitekti in line with a set of plans for a traditional Slovenian hut that had already been granted permission on the site. The architects designed a contemporary version with the same dimensions, roof pitch and materials, meaning a new construction permit was not required.
The house is used as an Alpine retreat for a family, so the architects added three bedrooms and a sauna on the top floor, as well as a large living and dining room on the ground floor that opens out to a sheltered veranda.
See more photographs of 6×11 Alpine Hut in our earlier story.
Photography is by Tomaz Gregoric.
- Mexican Pavilion for Shanghai Expo 2010 …by Slot.
- School building clad in chestnut shingle…s by Dauphins
- Facebook Headquarters by Studio O+A
- La Maison-vague by Patrick Nadeau
- Sin Den in Tokyo by Klein Dytham Archite…cture
- 100 11th Avenue by Jean Nouvel
- Hiroshima Hut by Suppose Design Office i…s a see-through house with sunken rooms
- Alien by Gus Wüstemann
- Riverside Museum by Zaha Hadid Architect…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories