Product news: this lamp by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders for his design brand Moooi looks like a car headlamp but with floral patterns in the glass.
Each lamp is made from clear blown glass and a spun metal shade with a chrome, gold-plated or lacquered finish.
The faceted glass diffuses the light from the bulb, while the mirrored interior of the shade reflects it further.
The Valentine lamps were launched in Milan this spring and are now available to purchase.
Marcel Wanders co-founded Moooi in 2001 and he is currently the art director and co-owner of the brand.
We spoke to Wanders during London Design Festival in September at the launch Big Ben, a huge wall clock which he said was inspired by the London landmark.
- Qing Zuo! by Judith van den Boom
- Deafinite Style by Designaffairs Studio
- Garden furniture by Kilian Schindler
- ACADIA exhibits multi-material 3D-printe…d designs by Zaha Hadid, Francis Bitonti and more
- Tsunagu by Kengo Kuma
- Whitney Graphic Identity by Experimental… Jetset
- Messy tablecloth and REM bed by AZEdesig…n
- Matthew Hilton by Matthew Hilton
- Les Cordes chandelier by Mathieu Lehanne…ur for Château Borély
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories