Product news: this lamp by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders for his design brand Moooi looks like a car headlamp but with floral patterns in the glass.
Each lamp is made from clear blown glass and a spun metal shade with a chrome, gold-plated or lacquered finish.
The faceted glass diffuses the light from the bulb, while the mirrored interior of the shade reflects it further.
The Valentine lamps were launched in Milan this spring and are now available to purchase.
Marcel Wanders co-founded Moooi in 2001 and he is currently the art director and co-owner of the brand.
We spoke to Wanders during London Design Festival in September at the launch Big Ben, a huge wall clock which he said was inspired by the London landmark.
- Richard Sapper "wanted to design a multi…-sensorial kettle" for Alessi
- Diamond Jubilee Souvenir Poster by Sarah… Hyndman
- To Be Continued by Julien Carretero
- Mobile kitchen wins the first NWW Design… Award
- Kora Vases by Studiopepe for Spotti Ediz…ioni
- "Everybody could have their body scanned… and order clothes that fit perfectly"
- Tile Stove Project by Dick van Hoff for …Royal Tichelaar Makkum
- Daylight Entrance by Daniel Rybakken
- Nordic Mediterranean collection for Forn…asarig
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories