Product news: this lamp by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders for his design brand Moooi looks like a car headlamp but with floral patterns in the glass.
Each lamp is made from clear blown glass and a spun metal shade with a chrome, gold-plated or lacquered finish.
The faceted glass diffuses the light from the bulb, while the mirrored interior of the shade reflects it further.
The Valentine lamps were launched in Milan this spring and are now available to purchase.
Marcel Wanders co-founded Moooi in 2001 and he is currently the art director and co-owner of the brand.
We spoke to Wanders during London Design Festival in September at the launch Big Ben, a huge wall clock which he said was inspired by the London landmark.
- Nendo shifts shelves and surfaces for …Slide glass furniture
- Público gets Guardian-style makeover
- Strand installation by Stuart Haygarth
- Nonsystem by Su Jung-Cheng
- Sleepy Chair by Daisuke Motogi Archite…cture
- G-Star RAW Spring Summer 2014 collecti…on by Marc Newson
- Reborn by Being Object
- Soft Rocker by Committee for SCP
- Willy Wonka-inspired machine propels p…opcorn through a curved glass tube
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories