Product news: this lamp by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders for his design brand Moooi looks like a car headlamp but with floral patterns in the glass.
Each lamp is made from clear blown glass and a spun metal shade with a chrome, gold-plated or lacquered finish.
The faceted glass diffuses the light from the bulb, while the mirrored interior of the shade reflects it further.
The Valentine lamps were launched in Milan this spring and are now available to purchase.
Marcel Wanders co-founded Moooi in 2001 and he is currently the art director and co-owner of the brand.
We spoke to Wanders during London Design Festival in September at the launch Big Ben, a huge wall clock which he said was inspired by the London landmark.
- Space Replay floats hauntingly through s…paces echoing its surroundings
- Mondaine Evo Big Date now available at D…ezeen Watch Store
- Dezeen podcast: Konstantin Grcic at the …Serpentine Gallery
- (In)visible Membrane by Sonja Bäumel
- Chunky stitches pattern Bandas rugs and …furniture by Patricia Urquiola
- Moolin by lasfera
- Jaguar's cars could "tap drivers on the …shoulder" to prevent cyclist deaths
- Benjamin Hubert dresses up dining chairs… with Talma collection for Moroso
- Nendo manipulates metal to form Softer t…han Steel furniture collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories