Product news: this lamp by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders for his design brand Moooi looks like a car headlamp but with floral patterns in the glass.
Each lamp is made from clear blown glass and a spun metal shade with a chrome, gold-plated or lacquered finish.
The faceted glass diffuses the light from the bulb, while the mirrored interior of the shade reflects it further.
The Valentine lamps were launched in Milan this spring and are now available to purchase.
Marcel Wanders co-founded Moooi in 2001 and he is currently the art director and co-owner of the brand.
We spoke to Wanders during London Design Festival in September at the launch Big Ben, a huge wall clock which he said was inspired by the London landmark.
- Copper Mirror Series by Hunting & Narud
- Vodka bottle by Karim Rashid for Anestas…ia
- Shoes by Kobi Levi
- Tricom table by Shigeichiro Takeuchi for… COMMOC
- Making of the LunaTik by Scott Wilson
- Wonderlamp by Studio Job and Pieke Bergm…ans for Dilmos
- RCA Platform 10 present Crisis Shop
- Wooden poles randomly strike the ground …at Zimoun's installation in New York
- Blur by Philippe Malouin
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories