Product news: this lamp by Dutch designer Marcel Wanders for his design brand Moooi looks like a car headlamp but with floral patterns in the glass.
Each lamp is made from clear blown glass and a spun metal shade with a chrome, gold-plated or lacquered finish.
The faceted glass diffuses the light from the bulb, while the mirrored interior of the shade reflects it further.
The Valentine lamps were launched in Milan this spring and are now available to purchase.
Marcel Wanders co-founded Moooi in 2001 and he is currently the art director and co-owner of the brand.
We spoke to Wanders during London Design Festival in September at the launch Big Ben, a huge wall clock which he said was inspired by the London landmark.
- Luzinterruptus creates "weird and sinist…er" lighting installation using floating latex gloves
- 3D-printed jewellery by Maria Jennifer C…arew clips onto garments
- The Beauty of Nothingness by Nicolas Che…ng
- Nendo rethinks Hello Kitty for men's T-s…hirt range
- Crudo by Barbara Busatta, Dario Buzzini,… Robin Bigio, Martin Meier and Oliviero Zanon
- A limited edition of one million by Sigh…n
- Espasso launches Oscar Niemeyer and Jorg…e Zalszupin furniture re-editions
- Johanna Schmeer imagines the future of f…ood with Bioplastic Fantastic
- Fragrance by Alexa Lixfeld
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories