Product news: tapered legs support the curved seat and backrest of this wooden chair by Bangkok designers Slap Studio for Thai design brand Curio.
There's also an option to add an upholstered black or grey seat.
Recently on Dezeen we've featured a chair that's a cross between traditional alpine furniture and Danish modernism, and a pine and aluminium chair designed by Konstantin Grcic for the new Parrish Art Museum in New York by Herzog & de Meuron.
We also recently published an update on the classic bentwood bistro chair by Thonet and a chair inspired by the use of forced perspective in Renaissance paintings.
- Matilda Beckman makes furniture out of "…really gross" dust
- Numen/For Use creates inhabitable "corpo…real" installation with sticky tape
- KAPKAR / BB-N34 by Frank Havermans
- Foglie by Matali Crasset for Pallucco
- Making of Thomas Heatherwick's London 20…12 Olympic cauldron
- Jointed Jewels by Alissia Melka-Teichroe…w
- Ammonite by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for… Meta
- YOY brings "humour to an ordinary room" …with light that projects its shade
- Wank by Craig Alun Smith
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories