Dezeen Watch Store: our Dark Noon collection by Japanese designers Nendo now includes two new versions, Numbers (above) and Chrono (below). Buy Dark Noon watches with free shipping worldwide.
Numbers features digits that seem to be disappearing into the black background. The numbers are only completed when a floating graphic attached to the hour hand hits 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock. Buy Numbers with free shipping worldwide for £145 »
Chrono counts the hours, minutes and seconds in an unexpected manner. The chronograph dials are simply used as a graphic together with one white marker on a disk that rotates to count the hours. The minute hand is replaced by a single golden marker that sits amongst a rotating outer ring of white minute and hour markers. A long white ticker hand counts the seconds, completing the time-telling elements of the Chrono watch. Buy Chrono with free shipping worldwide for £145 ».
- Silestone Slab Vases by Form Us With Lov…e for Cosentino
- Geneva students make ink from salamander…s and electricity from dog poo for Milan show
- Jonathan Barnbrook at the Design Museum
- Axis by Ramei Keum
- Konstantin Grcic at Qubique 2011
- Endoskeletons by Alon Meron
- DIY Lampshades by Mostlikely
- Interview: Paola Antonelli at Dezeen Stu…dio
- Well Done: a food company annual report …that has to be cooked first
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories