Garments hang from a wall-mounted wooden grid inside this Osaka fashion boutique that Japanese studio Ninkipen! has recently completed (+ slideshow).
The store for Japanese fashion brand Ring has an L-shaped plan and the wooden structure wraps the prominent inside corner to create a flexible display hanger.
"We tried to create uniqueness in this shop by maximizing the potential of the given space," said Ninkipen! founder Imazu Yasuo.
Cement boards line the two walls behind this grid, contrasting with the white-painted surfaces of the remaining walls.
Fluorescent lighting tubes hang from the ceiling on wires to illuminate the space from above. "Utilising the high ceilings, they light the whole space uniformly," explained Yasuo.
Additional garments are presented on glass tabletops and within recesses in the walls.
Ring Osaka is located in the Herbis Plaza shopping centre.
Ninkipen! have previously worked on various shop fit-outs, including a clothing shop with fake doors and a bakery where bread is displayed on a wooden sleeper. See more stories about design by Ninkipen! »
Above: floor plan
Photography is by Hiroko Kawata.
- Inside awards: Paul Priestman
- Heineken The City by Tjep.
- Las Chicas boutique by Guilherme de Va…sconcelos
- The Obsessions of Italian Design at Tr…iennale Design Museum
- Sofitel Lyon Bellecour by Patrick Norg…uet
- Baker D Chirico by March Studio
- Quality Hotel Expo in Oslo by Haptic
- Nike Air Force 1 Store by Torafu Archi…tects
- Vertical Loft by Shift
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories