Garments hang from a wall-mounted wooden grid inside this Osaka fashion boutique that Japanese studio Ninkipen! has recently completed (+ slideshow).
The store for Japanese fashion brand Ring has an L-shaped plan and the wooden structure wraps the prominent inside corner to create a flexible display hanger.
"We tried to create uniqueness in this shop by maximizing the potential of the given space," said Ninkipen! founder Imazu Yasuo.
Cement boards line the two walls behind this grid, contrasting with the white-painted surfaces of the remaining walls.
Fluorescent lighting tubes hang from the ceiling on wires to illuminate the space from above. "Utilising the high ceilings, they light the whole space uniformly," explained Yasuo.
Additional garments are presented on glass tabletops and within recesses in the walls.
Ring Osaka is located in the Herbis Plaza shopping centre.
Ninkipen! have previously worked on various shop fit-outs, including a clothing shop with fake doors and a bakery where bread is displayed on a wooden sleeper. See more stories about design by Ninkipen! »
Above: floor plan
Photography is by Hiroko Kawata.
- Fourth Plinth proposals unveiled for Tra…falgar Square
- Archiproba transforms 1920s telecommunic…ations building into offices in Moscow
- Merry-go-round Coat Rack by Studio Wieki… Somers wins Dutch Design Awards 2009
- Ryo Matsui's Hairdo salon has a transpar…ent house-shaped facade
- Bergen International Festival offices de…signed to resemble a workshop
- Frits Philips Concert Hall by Niels van …Eijk & Miriam van der Lubbe
- Corian Super-Surfaces Showroom by Amanda… Levete Architects
- Las Chicas boutique by Guilherme de Vasc…oncelos
- SongMax store by Elevation Workshop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories