Garments hang from a wall-mounted wooden grid inside this Osaka fashion boutique that Japanese studio Ninkipen! has recently completed (+ slideshow).
The store for Japanese fashion brand Ring has an L-shaped plan and the wooden structure wraps the prominent inside corner to create a flexible display hanger.
"We tried to create uniqueness in this shop by maximizing the potential of the given space," said Ninkipen! founder Imazu Yasuo.
Cement boards line the two walls behind this grid, contrasting with the white-painted surfaces of the remaining walls.
Fluorescent lighting tubes hang from the ceiling on wires to illuminate the space from above. "Utilising the high ceilings, they light the whole space uniformly," explained Yasuo.
Additional garments are presented on glass tabletops and within recesses in the walls.
Ring Osaka is located in the Herbis Plaza shopping centre.
Ninkipen! have previously worked on various shop fit-outs, including a clothing shop with fake doors and a bakery where bread is displayed on a wooden sleeper. See more stories about design by Ninkipen! »
Above: floor plan
Photography is by Hiroko Kawata.
- Inside awards: Paul Priestman on aircraf…t interiors
- UdK Bookshop 2010 by Dalia Butvidaite, L…eonard Steidle and Johannes Drechsler
- The Long Drop by Studio Glithero
- Liberty of London boutique by Pierre Bue…cler and Jean-Christophe Poggioli
- Plató restaurant by FFWD
- D.Vision Dental Clinic by A1 Architects
- La Rinascente womenswear department by N…endo
- Interior Living Unit by Andrew Kline
- Green boxes pattern the ceiling of Clip …Drop In hair salon by Sweco Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories