Designer Faye Toogood talks through her installation of 49 workers' coats hanging above the street in the first of this series of movies we filmed about the Seven Designers for Seven Dials aerial installations curated by Dezeen.
"For me it was really about celebrating trades that have been lost in this amazing part of London which has a rich history," says Toogood.
Each of the handmade over-sized coats covered in industrial paint is labelled with the name of a trade, such as brewer, potter or puppeteer, that used to take place in the Seven Dials area of London.
Dezeen commissioned seven young designers to create seven installations to hang above the streets of Covent Garden during last year's London Design Festival, and Toogood's 7x7 installation was located on Monmouth Street.
Photos are by Mark Cocksedge.
- Dog or Bitch at Konarska-Konarski
- Gagosian shows images of Newson show
- Ilona Van den Bergh's Moon bowls are def…ormed after casting
- RGB by Carnovsky
- David Bowie is at the V&A
- Bite Me edible desk lamp by Victor Vette…rlein
- Impossible Wood by Doshi Levien for Moro…so
- Titan digital pocket watch by Ziiiro now… in stock at Dezeen Watch Store
- New work by Hella Jongerius
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories