Product news: Danish design studio KiBiSi used a compound of stone and resin to produce these candle holders for Danish design brand Menu (+ slideshow).
Cast iron rings separate the candles from the Polystone bases
The collection comprises a thin candle holder and candelabra plus a chunky candle holder and candelabra.
The objects are intended to reference the shapes of traditional chamber candlesticks and candelabras, according to KiBiSi.
We've published lots of products by KiBiSi, including magnetic bike lights that turn on when snapped together and a desk that can be raised and lowered by cranking a handle – see all design by KiBiSi.
Here's some more information from KiBiSi:
Weight Here is a family of candle holders featuring distinct historic references to the iconic typology of chamber candlesticks and candelabras. The designs revisit the standard candlestick appearance and dimensions, and are natural extensions of these made to fit today’s candles.
Weight Here comes in four versions: S and M for ordinary candles and L and XL for block candles. The cast iron parts acknowledge historic artisanal techniques and the Polystone references KiBiSi’s link to modern architecture. These materials provide the candlesticks with a grounded feel and a solid no-nonsense appearance.
- Light Blubs Special Editions by Pieke Be…rgmans
- Josh Bitelli uses welding equipment to m…ake containers from coils of molten steel
- Kaarsrecht Glas by Pascal Smelik
- Base Design and Michael Young for Herdei…ros Passanha
- Overground by DZHUS
- Sugru pop-up and giveaway at 13:00 this …Sunday at Dezeen Space
- Designers create transportable leather f…urnishings for Louis Vuitton
- Pressed Chair by Harry Thaler
- Live from the Design Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories