This coffee maker brews an espresso inside a microwave in 30 seconds.
After filling the chamber with water, the user places ground coffee or an espresso pad inside the filter and connects the two components.
The water chamber and filter are flipped over and attached to the cup before being placed in the microwave for 30 seconds.
The pressure of the steam created in the microwave then forces the water through the coffee in the filter to create a shot of espresso.
The product is currently raising money on German crowdfunding website Startnext, where supporters who pledge €40 will receive a Piamo first.
Here's some more information from Lunar Europe:
Piamo is the first espresso maker worldwide that works in the microwave. Piamo creates a fresh cup of delicious espresso within 30 seconds. Whether you prefer pads or ground coffee, Piamo can do both.
Simply fill in water and insert an espresso pad or ground coffee. Stack it, flip it and place Piamo in your microwave. Now your microwave does all the magic: due to heating pressure builds up and makes the water run through the coffee, creating your fresh espresso straight into your cup. Piamo is available through crowdfunding. Piamo supporters can secure their piece starting at 40 euros for early bird supporters.
- Pivot by Raw Edges for Arco
- Imogen Heap's music gloves could help di…sabled people "fulfil what's in their head"
- Confession by Nick Ross
- Emeco launches seat pads for the classic… but cold 1006 Navy Chair
- Studio Job for Bisazza
- Movisi launches Peter Marigold shelving
- Colour-changing ink transforms flame-eng…ulfed headdress by Lauren Bowker
- My Deer by Jeroen Wesselink
- Moustache launches in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories