Stockholm 2013: this animation of dancing wool characters has been created to coincide with an installation by London designers Doshi Levien for textile company Kvadrat at Stockholm Design Week this week.
"We wanted to created a ensemble of characters that celebrate the sartorial and spacial qualities of wool," Jonathan Levien told Dezeen.
The 12 colourful characters in the parade were inspired by theatre costumes from the early Bauhaus period.
The installation will be displayed at Kvadrat's showroom from 5-8 February during Stockholm Design Week, which begins on 4 February.
Our recent posts about the designer's work include an ice cream cake shaped like a moon and furniture inspired by the Indian city of Chandigarh.
- Escritoire Trestle by Ett la Benn
- Heinz Beanz Flavour Experience by Bompas… & Parr
- London by Meike Harde
- Tord Boontje and Moroso brought "the exc…itement of fashion into furniture"
- Blue Diversion Toilet aims to improve sa…nitation with built-in filtration system
- "We use software programming controls as… well as physical design" - Troika
- New watches at the Dezeen Watch Store
- Dezeen Watch Store at Ligne Roset Westen…d
- Biome by Samuel Wilkinson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories