Stockholm 2013: this animation of dancing wool characters has been created to coincide with an installation by London designers Doshi Levien for textile company Kvadrat at Stockholm Design Week this week.
"We wanted to created a ensemble of characters that celebrate the sartorial and spacial qualities of wool," Jonathan Levien told Dezeen.
The 12 colourful characters in the parade were inspired by theatre costumes from the early Bauhaus period.
The installation will be displayed at Kvadrat's showroom from 5-8 February during Stockholm Design Week, which begins on 4 February.
Our recent posts about the designer's work include an ice cream cake shaped like a moon and furniture inspired by the Indian city of Chandigarh.
- Alleles Design Studio turns prosthetic l…imbs into a fashion statement
- Labvert's glass fragrance tester for Dio…r prevents mixing of scents
- Greenland’s first product designer tri…ggers “explosion of new designers” in her homeland
- SafetyNet by Dan Watson
- Chaneldrip by Pepe Heykoop
- Vika's modular bathroom range is designe…d to create comfortable wash areas
- Volkswagen's latest car has a sunroof th…at opens with a wave of the hand
- 4D Glass by Jonathan Krawczuk
- Alpha Beta Gamma by Emanuele Pizzoloruss…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories