Stockholm 2013: this animation of dancing wool characters has been created to coincide with an installation by London designers Doshi Levien for textile company Kvadrat at Stockholm Design Week this week.
"We wanted to created a ensemble of characters that celebrate the sartorial and spacial qualities of wool," Jonathan Levien told Dezeen.
The 12 colourful characters in the parade were inspired by theatre costumes from the early Bauhaus period.
The installation will be displayed at Kvadrat's showroom from 5-8 February during Stockholm Design Week, which begins on 4 February.
Our recent posts about the designer's work include an ice cream cake shaped like a moon and furniture inspired by the Indian city of Chandigarh.
- Daytimer watch by Will Alsop with Federi…co Grazzini for Alessi
- Fashion fabric brand Vlisco to work with… "a list of designers"
- Charlotte Perriand: designer, photograph…er, activist at the Museum für Gestaltung Zürich
- Autarky by Studio Formafantasma
- Plug + Play by Neil Merry
- Eco-friendly phone for Nokia by Daizi Zh…eng
- Termo by Tomek Rygalik
- DesignTide in Tokyo 2007 details
- Shh… Craft is Golden! by Danish Crafts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories