Stockholm 2013: Swedish designers Claesson Koivisto Rune used recycled aluminium to create these small and colourful pendant lamps for Swedish lighting brand Wästberg.
The lamps come in eight colours and were launched at this week's Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair, which continues until 9 February.
Other designs by Claesson Koivisto Rune we've featured include a lounge chair with a tiny white table attached and a renovated 19th century building in Stockholm – see all designs by Claesson Koivisto Rune.
We've also featured lots of lighting by Wästberg, including 30 lamps created from modular parts by Japanese designers Nendo and unveiled in Stockholm this week – see all products by Wästberg.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Claesson Koivisto Rune w131
A pendant lamp is a very old concept. While Wästberg is a very forward thinking, high technological lighting manufacturer. So when designing a new pendant lamp for Wästberg you want to bridge past with present.
First, the w131 is small. Surprisingly small. Equipped with reflector halogen it gives good light. So the lamp is extremely versatile as to where to use.
Second, it is tactile and friendly. Sand-cast recycled aluminium is both beautiful and environmentally sound. Any imperfections of the metal are with purpose. The textile cord adds softness. We will use this lamp both at home and for contract.
- Shepard Fairey wins Design of the Year
- Pear by Patricia Urquiola for Agape
- "It was about celebrating trades that ha…ve been lost" - Faye Toogood
- Designers carve furniture from marble bl…ocks for Robot City exhibition
- Studio Nienke Hoogvliet uses algae yarn …to create Sea Me rug
- Feathr launches wallpaper by tattooists,… graffiti artists and surfwear designers
- Embodying Ethics: Endangered by Rohan Ch…habra
- Textile Sketch by Kiki van Eijk
- The crash was "very healthy" for collect…ible design, says Design Miami's Rodman Primack
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories