Stockholm 2013: Swedish designers Claesson Koivisto Rune used recycled aluminium to create these small and colourful pendant lamps for Swedish lighting brand Wästberg.
The lamps come in eight colours and were launched at this week's Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair, which continues until 9 February.
Other designs by Claesson Koivisto Rune we've featured include a lounge chair with a tiny white table attached and a renovated 19th century building in Stockholm – see all designs by Claesson Koivisto Rune.
We've also featured lots of lighting by Wästberg, including 30 lamps created from modular parts by Japanese designers Nendo and unveiled in Stockholm this week – see all products by Wästberg.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Claesson Koivisto Rune w131
A pendant lamp is a very old concept. While Wästberg is a very forward thinking, high technological lighting manufacturer. So when designing a new pendant lamp for Wästberg you want to bridge past with present.
First, the w131 is small. Surprisingly small. Equipped with reflector halogen it gives good light. So the lamp is extremely versatile as to where to use.
Second, it is tactile and friendly. Sand-cast recycled aluminium is both beautiful and environmentally sound. Any imperfections of the metal are with purpose. The textile cord adds softness. We will use this lamp both at home and for contract.
- Buzz chair by Bertjan Pot for Arco
- Basalt desk accessories by Jeonghwa Seo …originate from a Korean island
- Analog Digital Clock iPhone app by Maart…en Baas
- EVO Urban Utility Bike lets cyclists swa…p clip-on accessories
- Osko+Deichmann extends kinked steel furn…iture range for Blå Station
- Stools at Galerie Kreo
- More from Design Academy Eindhoven gradu…ation show 2007
- Dot to Date Calendar by Dan Usiskin at T…he Temporium
- 50 projects_25 objects + 25 spaces by N…endo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories