Stockholm 2013: Swedish designers Claesson Koivisto Rune used recycled aluminium to create these small and colourful pendant lamps for Swedish lighting brand Wästberg.
The lamps come in eight colours and were launched at this week's Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair, which continues until 9 February.
Other designs by Claesson Koivisto Rune we've featured include a lounge chair with a tiny white table attached and a renovated 19th century building in Stockholm – see all designs by Claesson Koivisto Rune.
We've also featured lots of lighting by Wästberg, including 30 lamps created from modular parts by Japanese designers Nendo and unveiled in Stockholm this week – see all products by Wästberg.
Here's some more information from the designers:
Claesson Koivisto Rune w131
A pendant lamp is a very old concept. While Wästberg is a very forward thinking, high technological lighting manufacturer. So when designing a new pendant lamp for Wästberg you want to bridge past with present.
First, the w131 is small. Surprisingly small. Equipped with reflector halogen it gives good light. So the lamp is extremely versatile as to where to use.
Second, it is tactile and friendly. Sand-cast recycled aluminium is both beautiful and environmentally sound. Any imperfections of the metal are with purpose. The textile cord adds softness. We will use this lamp both at home and for contract.
- Traffic by Konstantin Grcic for Magis
- Costumes by Gwen van den Eijnde
- I nibbled Britain out of Jaffa Cakes by …Dominic Wilcox
- Lathe by Sebastian Brajkovic
- Patrick Parrish Gallery presents gridded… furniture and matching clothing at Design Miami 2014
- Salad Memos by Boyeon Oh
- Claudio Gatto's Bolla rechargeable LED l…amp works both indoors and outdoors
- Nicole Goymann and Christoph John create… shoes from deconstructed silkworm cocoons
- NLXL Lab launches one-off wallpaper patt…erns by designers including Piet Hein Eek
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories