The original clocks, designed by Zurich-born engineer Hans Hilfiker in 1944, can be seen at over 3000 railway stations across Switzerland. In 1986, Swiss watch brand Mondaine adapted the clock to a watch under official license from the Federal Swiss Railway.
The Evo Quartz is as close to the original clock design as it could be, featuring an easy-to-read face, thick black hands and the famous red ticker that resembles the shape of a railways guard's signalling disc. The watch is available with a red strap and a small 26mm case, or a black strap and a 35mm case.
- Matali Crasset designs for children
- The crash was "very healthy" for colle…ctible design, says Design Miami's Rodman Primack
- Luca Nichetto combines Danish and Ital…ian design for Cloud seating range
- Petting Zoo app by Christoph Niemann
- Fionda chair by Jasper Morrison for Ma…ttiazzi
- Hypnos by Citroën
- Chambre d'Ami by Matali Crasset for Ca…mpeggi
- Bob by Hella Jongerius for Kettal
- Found Form by Enina Waelstham for Morm…els design
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories