The original clocks, designed by Zurich-born engineer Hans Hilfiker in 1944, can be seen at over 3000 railway stations across Switzerland. In 1986, Swiss watch brand Mondaine adapted the clock to a watch under official license from the Federal Swiss Railway.
The Evo Quartz is as close to the original clock design as it could be, featuring an easy-to-read face, thick black hands and the famous red ticker that resembles the shape of a railways guard's signalling disc. The watch is available with a red strap and a small 26mm case, or a black strap and a 35mm case.
- WaterDream by Front for Axor
- The Capsule by Tom Dixon for Adidas
- Yud Yud by Davidclovers and C.E.B. Reas
- Zai CORE Axe by Kacper Hamilton
- Bone chair by Soyoon Choi
- Titanic by Luka Or for Monkey Business
- Special edition ultra black MY03 Hacker …at Dezeen Watch Store
- Furniture Neighborhood by Tjep.
- Fritz Hansen reintroduces Arne Jacobsen …chair with new wooden legs
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories