This classic watch has the same easy-to-read face and famous red ticker as the original railway clocks designed by Hans Hilfiker in 1944 and features a slim 6.22mm case that sits snuggly against the wearer's wrist. Simply Elegant is available with a red strap and a 36mm face, or black with a 41mm face.
In 1986, Swiss watch brand Mondaine adapted the clock to a watch under official license from the Federal Swiss Railway. Also available at Dezeen Watch Store is Evo Quartz, the original adaptation from Mondaine.
See more models at our online watch shop.
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Tomo…ko Azumi
- Smoke by Bevk Perović Arhitekti
- Thuisvlucht by Anneke Jakobs
- Pylons of the Future Dancing with Nature… by Hugh Dutton Associés
- Doshi Levien designs jewel-like mirrors …for Hay
- Stereotype by Daizi Zheng
- Bird chair by Jungmo Yang
- Crystal Forest by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Ar Vag by Thibault Penven /ECAL
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories