This classic watch has the same easy-to-read face and famous red ticker as the original railway clocks designed by Hans Hilfiker in 1944 and features a slim 6.22mm case that sits snuggly against the wearer's wrist. Simply Elegant is available with a red strap and a 36mm face, or black with a 41mm face.
In 1986, Swiss watch brand Mondaine adapted the clock to a watch under official license from the Federal Swiss Railway. Also available at Dezeen Watch Store is Evo Quartz, the original adaptation from Mondaine.
See more models at our online watch shop.
- Interview: Faye Toogood at Super Natural
- Undulating sleeves create "optical effec…t" in Katherine Roberts-Wood's fashion collection
- Stratigraphic Manufactury by Unfold
- Dalston Rose by House of Hackney
- Architonic presents products from Salone… del Mobile and Euroluce 2009
- The Oasis of Aboukir green wall by Patri…ck Blanc
- The Feather by Arthur Huang
- Zai CORE Axe by Kacper Hamilton
- Neck Frame by Andrew McConnell could be …worn like "a structural second skin"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories