This classic watch has the same easy-to-read face and famous red ticker as the original railway clocks designed by Hans Hilfiker in 1944 and features a slim 6.22mm case that sits snuggly against the wearer's wrist. Simply Elegant is available with a red strap and a 36mm face, or black with a 41mm face.
In 1986, Swiss watch brand Mondaine adapted the clock to a watch under official license from the Federal Swiss Railway. Also available at Dezeen Watch Store is Evo Quartz, the original adaptation from Mondaine.
See more models at our online watch shop.
- Colour by Daniel Rybakken and Andreas En…gesvik
- Conversations in Bronze at Carpenters Wo…rkshop Gallery
- Patchwork by Amy Hunting
- Shades for Make Lamp by Hanieh Heidaraba…di can be custom 3D-printed
- Bag Stools by Gitta Gschwendtner
- Rehouse/Bath by Fulguro
- Dystopian Brutalist Outerwear by Martijn… Van Strien
- Scholten & Baijings cut graphic patterns… into glassware for J Hill's Standard
- London 2012 Olympic Cauldron by Thomas H…eatherwick
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories