This classic watch has the same easy-to-read face and famous red ticker as the original railway clocks designed by Hans Hilfiker in 1944 and features a slim 6.22mm case that sits snuggly against the wearer's wrist. Simply Elegant is available with a red strap and a 36mm face, or black with a 41mm face.
In 1986, Swiss watch brand Mondaine adapted the clock to a watch under official license from the Federal Swiss Railway. Also available at Dezeen Watch Store is Evo Quartz, the original adaptation from Mondaine.
See more models at our online watch shop.
- Wearable device could detect disease "wh…en the nearest doctor is days away"
- Rainbow Church by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Synthetic materials can "behave like liv…ing cells"
- Roadless wheels aim to help African farm…ers transport goods from remote villages
- Claesson Koivisto Rune launches wallpape…r collection influenced by Modernism
- Foliage by Patricia Urquiola for Kartell
- Wallpaper* editor resigns
- Laura Lynn Jansen and Thomas Vailly "gro…w" stone tableware
- Bronze Poly Chair by Max Lamb
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories