Milan 2013: industrial designer Konstantin Grcic is showing angular wooden stools and tables for Italian brand Mattiazzi at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
Grcic's stools and side tables are held up by an angled support that is stabilised by two more legs jutting out on either side, with all three tapering towards the ground. Two wings form the seats of the stools, while the slightly taller tables are topped with disks.
Both items have been developed to follow the design of Grcic's Medici chair, which was first released last year and has been shortlisted for the Design Museum's 2013 Design of the Year prize. The wooden pieces are painted in red or yellow, or stained dark brown to enhance the grain.
Along with the Medici collection, Mattiazzi is debuting seats inspired by camping furniture by Jasper Morrison and stools with T-shaped backs by Industrial Facility at their stand at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile - E23, Hall 20. Grcic will also be exhibiting his bench system based on Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona chair at the trade fair.
- OP-jects by Bilge Nur Saltik
- Elvie vaginal activity monitor helps str…engthen pelvic floor muscles
- Lamps by Nao Tamura, Zaha Hadid and John… Pawson feature in Wonderglass movie
- Paola Antonelli at Design Academy Eindho…ven's My Way talks
- iPhonekiller by Ronen Kadushin
- Snap Chair by Karim Rashid
- Zaha Hadid sculpts marble vases and tabl…es for Citco
- Tableware by Aldo Bakker
- Dramprom by Roger Arquer
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories