Jasper Morrison designed the chair with a cross-bracing hinge beneath the seat, which allows it to fold flat for easy storage.
The seat and backrest are made from porotex, a fabric made of PVC-coated polyester.
The designer also presented a chair inspired by camping furniture for Italian brand Mattiazzi. See more design by Jasper Morrison on Dezeen, including the iconic 1986 Side Table and the 2007 Crate Series.
Here's a bit of information from the brand:
Park Life is a complete family of furniture for outdoors, whose clean cut profile is adaptable to a wide range of different situations. Lightweight, yet extremely durable, it’s easily stacked for transport or winter storage and its technical sophistication and careful consideration of ergonomics besides a lot of care over how it looks are all intended to ensure a long life, both structurally and visually.
- Note Design Studio and Norm Architects d…esign patchwork marble tables for Menu
- SitTable by UNStudio for Prooff
- Doomsday Survival by Minki Cheng
- Listen to Your Hands by Lee Sanghyeok
- "I felt we should change the way Emeco m…akes chairs" - Konstantin Grcic
- Platypus Chair, Bambi Chair, Crane Lamp …and Duck Lamp by Studio Juju
- Design Indaba videos: 5.5 designers
- Bottle watch by Industrial Facility arri…ves at Dezeen Watch Store
- Zaha Hadid installs aluminium wave over …pool in V&A museum garden
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories