Jasper Morrison designed the chair with a cross-bracing hinge beneath the seat, which allows it to fold flat for easy storage.
The seat and backrest are made from porotex, a fabric made of PVC-coated polyester.
The designer also presented a chair inspired by camping furniture for Italian brand Mattiazzi. See more design by Jasper Morrison on Dezeen, including the iconic 1986 Side Table and the 2007 Crate Series.
Here's a bit of information from the brand:
Park Life is a complete family of furniture for outdoors, whose clean cut profile is adaptable to a wide range of different situations. Lightweight, yet extremely durable, it’s easily stacked for transport or winter storage and its technical sophistication and careful consideration of ergonomics besides a lot of care over how it looks are all intended to ensure a long life, both structurally and visually.
- Design Indaba videos: 5.5 designers
- Little Romance by Lee Washington
- 300 Series Chronograph Calendar Wristwat…ch by Uniform Wares
- Rememberme by Tobias Juretzek for Casama…nia
- Skitsch launches in Milan
- James Christian designs parasitic struct…ures for disused city spaces
- Skin Secret by I-Ting Ho
- OP-jects by Bilge Nur Saltik
- House of Furniture Parts by Studio Makki…nk & Bey
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories