Jasper Morrison designed the chair with a cross-bracing hinge beneath the seat, which allows it to fold flat for easy storage.
The seat and backrest are made from porotex, a fabric made of PVC-coated polyester.
The designer also presented a chair inspired by camping furniture for Italian brand Mattiazzi. See more design by Jasper Morrison on Dezeen, including the iconic 1986 Side Table and the 2007 Crate Series.
Here's a bit of information from the brand:
Park Life is a complete family of furniture for outdoors, whose clean cut profile is adaptable to a wide range of different situations. Lightweight, yet extremely durable, it’s easily stacked for transport or winter storage and its technical sophistication and careful consideration of ergonomics besides a lot of care over how it looks are all intended to ensure a long life, both structurally and visually.
- Droog New York by Studio Makkink & Bey
- Skinni by Adrien Rovero
- Futuristic Primitivism/Instinctive Overr…ide by Ross Lovegrove
- Designed in Hackney: Tom Tom & Tam Tam b…y Konstantin Grcic for SCP
- Units for Reconstruction by Miguel Vieir…a Baptista
- Record Chronograph by Achille Castiglion…i now comes with a Nato strap
- The Ocean Cleanup aims to strip 70 milli…on kilos of plastic from the sea in 10 years
- Garment by Benjamin Hubert for Cappellin…i
- Studio Job and Jaime Hayón for Bisazza
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories