Jasper Morrison designed the chair with a cross-bracing hinge beneath the seat, which allows it to fold flat for easy storage.
The seat and backrest are made from porotex, a fabric made of PVC-coated polyester.
The designer also presented a chair inspired by camping furniture for Italian brand Mattiazzi. See more design by Jasper Morrison on Dezeen, including the iconic 1986 Side Table and the 2007 Crate Series.
Here's a bit of information from the brand:
Park Life is a complete family of furniture for outdoors, whose clean cut profile is adaptable to a wide range of different situations. Lightweight, yet extremely durable, it’s easily stacked for transport or winter storage and its technical sophistication and careful consideration of ergonomics besides a lot of care over how it looks are all intended to ensure a long life, both structurally and visually.
- Lounge Chair by David Irwin
- Dezeen archive: packaging
- Benoît Malta's Passive Behaviours fur…niture collection encourages movement
- Dezeen's top design quotes of 2014
- Moss: Los Angeles
- Lana Mangas by Patricia Urquiola for G…an
- Pisa sofa by Ramei Keum
- Polygons pendants combine computer mod…elling with Czech glass cutting
- Top lamp by Tham & Videgård Hansson A…rkitekter
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories