Jasper Morrison designed the chair with a cross-bracing hinge beneath the seat, which allows it to fold flat for easy storage.
The seat and backrest are made from porotex, a fabric made of PVC-coated polyester.
The designer also presented a chair inspired by camping furniture for Italian brand Mattiazzi. See more design by Jasper Morrison on Dezeen, including the iconic 1986 Side Table and the 2007 Crate Series.
Here's a bit of information from the brand:
Park Life is a complete family of furniture for outdoors, whose clean cut profile is adaptable to a wide range of different situations. Lightweight, yet extremely durable, it’s easily stacked for transport or winter storage and its technical sophistication and careful consideration of ergonomics besides a lot of care over how it looks are all intended to ensure a long life, both structurally and visually.
- Gorenje Ora-Ito Collection
- (In)visible Membrane by Sonja Bäumel
- Lights of the City by Manuel Alvarez Die…stro
- Butter Chair by DesignByThem
- Lockheed Chair by Riot & Sollier
- Fornasetti II Collection for Cole & Son
- Peak Oil by Charlie Davidson
- "We use software programming controls as… well as physical design" - Troika
- Crush by Fredrikson Stallard at David Gi…ll Galleries
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories