News: American architect Rick Mather, whose projects included the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, UK, and the masterplan for London's Southbank, has died aged 75.
Nominated for the Stirling Prize in 2010 for his extension to the Ashmolean Museum of Art and Archaeology at the University of Oxford, Mather's practice also designed masterplans for several universities across the UK.
His other award-winning work included the £20 million extension to the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich, London, which won a Civic Trust Award after its completion in 1999, the same year he completed an extension to Dulwich Picture Gallery in south London and was appointed to masterplan the city's Southbank development.
More recently he completed an extension to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in Richmond, Virginia, USA.
Photograph is by Andy Matthews.
- Yachiyo by Atelier Tekuto
- KHT House by International Royal Archi…tecture is made up of two halves
- Dunn & Hillam Architects use angled ro…of to protect Desert House from the sun
- Maccreanor Lavington extends a 1960s L…ondon housing estate with a modern interpretation
- Police Station of Provins by Ameller, …Dubois & Associés
- Movie: Shopping Roof Apartments by OFI…S Arhitekti
- House in Nagoya by Suppose Design Offi…ce
- Dot Envelope by OFIS Arhitekti
- Max Dudler adds sandstone entrance bui…lding to Hambach Castle grounds
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories