Milan 2013: Japanese designer Naoto Fukasawa has designed a set of minimal dials to monitor air temperature, pressure and humidity for Italian brand Magis.
The Meteo barometer, thermometer and hygrometer come with a special stand to display all three together on a desktop, but can also be separated and mounted on a wall.
"There is a certain appeal about gauges that we find on cars and air planes," says Fukasawa, who added clear grey markings and a bright green needle to each simple white face.
Naoto Fukasawa presented the prototype at Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this month, where he also showed a wooden stool with a stainless steel footrest for Italian manufacturer Plank. See all our stories about design by Naoto Fukasawa.
See Dezeen's pick of the top product launches at the Salone or see all our stories about Milan design week 2013.
- The Radiation Collection by NOCC
- Dune Formations by Zaha Hadid 2
- "Do we really want people at home printi…ng rubbish?" - Dominic Wilcox at Dezeen Live
- Reflections by UNStudio at RETREAT
- Manifold Clock by Studio Ve
- ArcelorMittal Orbit by Anish Kapoor
- Cloud by Makoto Tanijiri
- Maarten Baas and Bertjan Pot team up for… funfair-influenced lighting collection
- 3D-printed sculptures create optical ill…usions using the Fibonacci sequence
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories